Music store Slow Blues in "G" video

JohnCossano

Blues Newbie
Hi,
I watched the video this morning about what to play in a music store. I printed out the TAB and was trying to sort out the count for the first few Bars. I keep coming up with just 11 beats in the 12/8 signature? I see five eighth notes, and three DOTTED quarter notes in each of the first couple bars.
What am I missing?

Thanks very much for the quick response. So it looks like the quarter notes with a dot above or below them only count for two, and the Quarter notes with the dot on the right side count for three? Is that correct?

Thanks
John Cossano

Last edited:

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
MusicStoreTab.jpg

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Hi,
I watched the video this morning about what to play in a music store. I printed out the TAB and was trying to sort out the count for the first few Bars. I keep coming up with just 11 beats in the 12/8 signature? I see five eighth notes, and three DOTTED quarter notes in each of the first couple bars.
What am I missing?

Thanks very much for the quick response. So it looks like the quarter notes with a dot above or below them only count for two, and the Quarter notes with the dot on the right side count for three? Is that correct?

Thanks
John Cossano

Yep. The dot above or below means you play that note stacatto (play it, kill it but wait for the note duration to finish before you move on tto the next note.)