April 2021 Challenge - Muddy Waters

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
I’m just seeing this now. If I have a Muddy tune on Dropbox how do I get it on here?
Next to the file listing in Dropbox, when you hover over a file, you should see some icons, one of which is a couple of chain links

Dropbox-download2.jpg
Click on the chain icons and the link will be copied to your clipboard.
Then come back into the forum and inside a post, press CTRL-V (on a Mac CMD-V) or SHIFT-INS(ert) and it should paste it at your cursor location.

glynnd

Blues Newbie
Next to the file listing in Dropbox, when you hover over a file, you should see some icons, one of which is a couple of chain links

View attachment 14444
Click on the chain icons and the link will be copied to your clipboard.
Then come back into the forum and inside a post, press CTRL-V (on a Mac CMD-V) or SHIFT-INS(ert) and it should paste it at your cursor location.

I think you also have to change the "www" in the link to "dl" so that the audio file opens without having to log in to dropbox.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
I think you also have to change the "www" in the link to "dl" so that the audio file opens without having to log in to dropbox.
The "www" tag will open the dropbox page with a graphic representation of the song. You get a nag popup encouraging you to log in or sign up, which you can dismiss.

Changing it to "dl" will open it without the dropbox screen.

Opens dropbox screen.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jebnnwjwgnd37nd/12 bar cmaj-tz-arty-cb-PR.mp3?dl=0

Opens player directly
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/jebnnwjwgnd37nd/12 bar cmaj-tz-arty-cb-PR.mp3?dl=0

A lot of people in the forum prefer the "dl" prefix. Either way, you still get to the same file.

Elwood

Blues
Nice Bernie! (y)Thanks for sharing that! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

The only "trouble no more" that came to my mine was by the Aynsley Dunbar Retaliation. A nice but very different tune. :cool:

Sounds like you were having fun! :Beer::):Beer:

Bernie Fitz

Blues Junior
Nice Bernie! (y)Thanks for sharing that! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

The only "trouble no more" that came to my mine was by the Aynsley Dunbar Retaliation. A nice but very different tune. :cool:

Sounds like you were having fun! :Beer::):Beer:
It was fun, the first time out since Valentines Day of 2020. That is one of only two Muddy tunes we do; should do more

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Hey hey Bernie!!!
Thanks for the trouble :sneaky:
Love that live sound....hopefully we'll all be breaking out soon.
Band is sounding great.(y)