Moto Tracks - Walk'n Lady Blues

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Well,
I've got several projects going on and never got around to polishing this one for release.
It aint exactly ready for prime time but, I hope you'll find it interesting.

Here's Walk'n Lady Blues in Eb.
Just close your eyes and imagine a proud, strong woman strutting down the street and waiting for your guitar to add some music to join her parade.

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/5epkfpb4mkrbw3a/Walk'n Lady Blues - Eb- 100 BPM.mp3?dl=0

Last edited:

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Very sweet sounding track, Captain. Nice launch, Paleo.
I'll take a bit of this.

Hey @Paleo, can you change your MP3 encoding rate from 128k to 256k for your submissions? It will keep the quality level higher on the backing track for the later contributors. Thanks!

OK, I'm in from about 1:55 through around 3:05.

https://fuzzypinkstrap.com/VJR/2020/WalkinLadyInEb-P-PR.mp3

Last edited:

Elio

Student Of The Blues
Used my Gibson LP neck pickup through Mustang III using a patch with Fender 65 Twin plus sine chorus delay and some reverb
From 4:54 to 6:45

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/72wwvqan0nevbvp/walkinladyineb-p-pr-fl-arty.mp3?dl=0

This one is really outside my comfort zone so it's probably exactly what I need to be trying. I had really limited time this morning but wanted to give it a shot so there are more than a few mistakes here and lots of experimenting so bear with me! I took it from about 6:42 to 7:55. It did seem like a good track for a tele, so I used my Michael Kelley CC50 Fralin. Listening to it now, I really need to leave a lot more space in my playing on this one.
http://drspinello.com/music/Elio-WalkinLadyInEb-P-PR-FL-arty.mp3

Last edited:

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Last edited:

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
You sound so good clean I feel dirty just holding my guitar.
Very nice!!!
I must go take a shower now.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Don't forget to wash behind your ears.:D

Really like that backing track Moto, it reminds me of The BeeGees 'You Win Again'. The drums are amazing. Did you use EZ Drummer?

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
You guys are flat out killing it on this one!!! Love it. I'll give it a go.

***RECORDING***

Here is my little quickie from 9:06 - 10:18. Tele neck pickup into Bias FX2. I am not 100% sure if I have completely made the change, but I am starting to prefer Bias FX2 over Helix native. Don't get me wrong, I think they are both great, but it seems so much easier to find a suitable tone right out of the gate from Bias.

Walkin' Lady Eb - Pal-PR-FL-RT-Elio-MM-TZ

Last edited:

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Don't forget to wash behind your ears.:D

Really like that backing track Moto, it reminds me of The BeeGees 'You Win Again'. The drums are amazing. Did you use EZ Drummer?
Fresh out of the shower now........ears and all.
Hmm.."You Win Again" ...I think it's the marching style drums.
No EZD on that.......I cant divulge my techniques.
:sneaky:

Last edited:

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
No EZD on that.......I cant divulge my techniques.
:D I've been doing some stuff lately. Don't know if it will ever see the light of day, but it looks a lot like I'm making a quilt.
MIDI-Editor-sm.jpg

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
I am not 100% sure if I have completely made the change, but I am starting to prefer Bias FX2 over Helix native. Don't get me wrong, I think they are both great, but it seems so much easier to find a suitable tone right out of the gate from Bias.
Nothing like some mellow Zep to ease one into the day. Well played.(y)(y)

I have to agree with you on this TZ, I have only downloaded the elements version of Bias FX2, which only gives you 3 or 4 tones in each genre, but I too have noticed that I get great tones straight out of the box.(y) I still do like experimenting with Helix Native though. Have you got the full BiasFX2?

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
Nothing like some mellow Zep to ease one into the day. Well played.(y)(y)

I have to agree with you on this TZ, I have only downloaded the elements version of Bias FX2, which only gives you 3 or 4 tones in each genre, but I too have noticed that I get great tones straight out of the box.(y) I still do like experimenting with Helix Native though. Have you got the full BiasFX2?

I do have the full version of Bias FX2. I always have grand ideas of putting together great presets (in Bias and Helix) from the ground up, but then I realize that it’s a lot easier to just take one of the included presets and maybe just tweak it a bit. I seem to get overwhelmed starting from a blank slate. I guess that what I still like about plugging into a nice amp. Plug in, crank it up and just play but for recording I love the flexibility of these modeling apps.