Most “Iconic” entertainer/concert you have seen in person??

jackderby52

Prehistoric blues knob (not newbie)
I have seen a many of the performers mentioned above... too many to mention..

random thoughts;
Worst concert ever: Grateful Dead... Each song was at least 20 minutes and people would be just physically jumping around and bumping into you.. It made it difficult to drink a beer (primary goal back in my 20's).. Needless to say I left early..
Best ever (Twice) Eagles..
Most expensive Eagles.. 200 a pop last summer..(worth it)
Biggest regrets;
not seeing when I had the chance... Queen, Elton John, Stones back in the 70's ...

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
I have seen a many of the performers mentioned above... too many to mention..
Biggest regrets; not seeing when I had the chance... Queen, Elton John, Stones back in the 70's ...

EJ did some awesome shows in the 70's I saw him in Denver about the time the Rock of The Westies album dropped. No opening act and he went on for 3 1/2 hours. A very memorable show, indeed.

AlanT

Blues Newbie
I saw Queen in 1973 (supporting Mott the Hoople) and they were.............not that good then......not much sign of what was to come later.

Saw the Stones in 1976.......... did not disappoint.......fantastic night.

(y)

ghack

Blues Newbie
I havent read any of this thread. but. i saw Pink floyd dark side of the moon tour in 73 or 74 I dont remember much i was 13 and stoned off my ass. Saw waylon and willie in about 77 and charlie daniels in about 1982.

MWJD58

Blues Newbie
I've seen Buddy Guy play a couple of times. Last time he was joined onstage by Earl Slick who played guitar on a number of Bowie albums and tours, and also Sinead O'Connor who fizzled. I liked Earl's look so just ordered one of his guitar straps from Guitar Fetish. Saw the Stones a couple of times, the Clash three times (and got to meet them) and a bunch of other punk bands in the late 70s in the UK. In the end though the most intense performance I have ever seen was Iggy Pop in about 1978 with Bowie on keyboards. That guy defines iconic as a performer.

EJG

Central NJ
McCartney, Clapton, BB, Allman Brothers (sat on stage about two feet from Gregg at a Beacon show), Grateful Dead to name a few off the top of my head.

My sisters saw The Beatles in Forest Hills. They also were at one of the shows where Jimi opened for the Monkees. Being teen-aged Monkees fans, they hated Hendrix.