Most “Iconic” entertainer/concert you have seen in person??

jackderby52

Prehistoric blues knob (not newbie)
I have been recently into Rod's early early stuff.. Still not sure I would want to see him live...

jackderby52

Prehistoric blues knob (not newbie)
Martha and the Vandellas?? I honestly don't know who this is?? Ok, google, here i come...

Norfolk Bill

norfolk uk, just knoodling along
Loved Motown and Martha , but i got into it in the mod revival of the early 80's over here, along with my scooter :)

July%202013%20Tricked%20out%20Mod%20scooter.ashx

Norfolk Bill

:) i wish to point out that is not me, just to show what a scooter was in case they did'nt take off over there ;)

MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member
Too many to single out, so I'll just list the ones who are no longer with us. Allman Bros. with Duane Allman about a year before he died, David Bowie, Stevie Ray Vaughan and BB King.

david moon

Attempting the Blues
I thought the lad looked a bit like you might have looked a few years ago. My mistake.
I too was wondering. Some similarity in the facial features, and the sunglasses. I know nothing of the "mod revival of the early 80s" so that photo might be an over the top parody of what was going on, or real, I have no way of knowing. Definitely there's a generation gap going on here.

Norfolk Bill

The "mods" or modernists were a youth movement in the early sixties in england , music and fashion was the driving force mainly listening to US imports of soul and R&B along with Jamaican Ska, also produced band like the kinks and The Who/The high Numbers as they were called when they started.

And a new movement started in the early eighties after the film quadrophenia, bands of the time would include, The Jam with Paul weller , and a ska revival with The Specials

Last edited:

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Just to get back to the topic- the same year I saw Hendrix I also saw Peter, Paul, and Mary, and Wilson Pickett. So that's pretty eclectic.

Later, saw the Sympathy for the Devil show in Detroit. Little Feat that was so loud my ears bled (not literally) but it was painful. Haven't been to many concerts since my 20's, if any.

david moon

Attempting the Blues
The "mods" or modernists were a youth movement in the early sixties in england , music and fashion was the driving force mainly listening to US imports of soul and R&B along with Jamaican Ska, also produced band like the kinks and The Who/The high Numbers as they were called when they started.

And a new movement started in the early eighties after the film quadrophenia, bands of the time would include, The Jam with Paul weller , and a ska revival with The Specials

I was there (in the US) for the "mods" in the 60's. But what's up with the scooter?

Norfolk Bill

Oh it was part of the scene over here in the sixties and again in the eighties

Mainly because the engines were covered and you did'nt get your cloths dirty, hence all the fishtail army surplus parka's smart cloths underneath :)