More counting

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
I ma finding that @Griff tenacity on talking bout counting...............is helping me on drums. The guy I am learning from commented he thought it would be tougher, as most guitar players never seem to count, it was the first time has has seen one mouthing the numbers as they play

I only want to learn basic drums for recording, but its still some fun

Momantai

Red nose, red guitar
Everyone counts on drums. :)
Check youtube lessons and you’ll see that every drummer (teachers) counts.
If you want some real no-nonsense lessons, check Rob Brown on Youtube.
Need some inspiration on nice fills and stuff, check Carter McLean on Youtube.This guy plays drums in a very musical and relaxed way. Unfortunately it is also very hard to learn his chops. Not beginner stuff.

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
Everyone counts on drums. :)
Check youtube lessons and you’ll see that every drummer (teachers) counts.
If you want some real no-nonsense lessons, check Rob Brown on Youtube.
Need some inspiration on nice fills and stuff, check Carter McLean on Youtube.This guy plays drums in a very musical and relaxed way. Unfortunately it is also very hard to learn his chops. Not beginner stuff.
still a very beginner, which is why I am taking in person lessons to start, I need to learn hand position, and honestly, what angle to have the drums at, I am using an electronic set

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
How's the band going?

Tons of work, and frustrating sometimes. It seems I get stuck with getting everyone to focus. In all honesty, sometimes I wish I had auditioned for an established band, My acoustic player doesnt understand laying back and smooth rhythm, so I keep showing him songs that, they arnt fancy, but they were top hits, not everything needs flare

Singer is awesome, but wants to know the emotion behind every song....lol. Then you add in me, that wants the amps turned up to 11 at all times

but, its why I wanted to play in the first place. I have actually been collabarating with other bands in helping them put songs together and having a great time with it