More a statement than a question

Ray_UK

Blues Newbie
SWS is simply great fun!

I first started it when I was only really just into BBG & I wasn't a guitar player at all before that. It was a little too soon so I put it aside for a while. I'm now working on Lesson 9 of BGU & it is the perfect time to start SWS along side it.

My fingers are really sore as practicing bends has taken off the old callouses & the new ones aren't much protection yet. I can play all the examples in the first 3 lessons along with the CD except the 1.5 bend [new callouses will get me there] and I've noodled Blues Box #1 over a couple of jam tracks in G... very nearly ready to start in on solo 1

But the whole point really is to say if you're waiting before you start SWS then you are going to really enjoy it!

Cheers Griff  [smiley=beer.gif]

MuddyFox

Blues Newbie
I just got SWS yesterday (thanks Griff for 40% off  ;) ). Started BGU solo 3 but I can't seem to find enough time in a day to give it an honest effort. So while procrastinating on that one, I thought to give SWS a whirl. If nothing else, to see what's the fuss all about.  ;D

BoogieMan

Blues Junior
I just got SWS yesterday (thanks Griff for 40% off  ;) ).
Just got mine about a week ago.  It was a great deal although I had to pay a brokerage fee of $20 which sucked.  I really like the course.  I was able to breeze through the first part which was mostly a review and get into the first blues block.  This is the kind of course that you can just work with when you want a break from the more intensive courses.

luckylarry

Student Of The Blues
Boogieman, why did you have to pay a brokerage fee? I have ordered many of Griff's courses over the last couple of years and have never paid Brokerage fees. I think that as they are educational courses there are no fees. I would look into that.

BoogieMan

Blues Junior
Boogieman, why did you have to pay a brokerage fee? I have ordered many of Griff's courses over the last couple of years and have never paid Brokerage fees. I think that as they are educational courses there are no fees. I would look into that.
Come to think of it, this is the first time I've had to pay brokerage for one of Griff's courses.  Thanks for the suggestion.  I will definitely look into it.

Thatman

Playin' for the fun of it.
Come to think of it, this is the first time I've had to pay brokerage for one of Griff's courses.  Thanks for the suggestion.  I will definitely look into it.

I too took Griff up on his great offer and ordered all the remianing courses and backing track DVDs, the free postage was also an attraction, but what I didn't know about was the fact that customs wanted £25 from me before they would let it be delivered when it arrived in the UK.  :(

But it was still a bargain even if it wasn't the offer I thought it was.  :-?

Ray_UK

Blues Newbie
Don, only the DVD/CD element should have been taxable, the books are zero rated.. although sadly it probably isn't worth the hassle trying to seperate the value of the elements & claim a refund!

You were unlucky as my courses, admittedly bought one at a time, have come through untaxed in the past.

The only time I got caught was when I bought a guitar from a fellow member in the USA... ouch!

giayank

Just another day in paradise
Ray from UK said.

SWS is simply great fun!

I couldn't agree more.Just find the tone you like and noodle around. I learned the fret board and new solo ideas just having fun. After BGU it was the perfect compliment to my music courses.