Monitors

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Maybe this should go in the Gear section but it really applies to those who do recording/mixing.

Over the past few years I've endeavored to improve my recording/mixing knowledge and upgrade my equipment.
I usually fall into the camp of "you get what you pay for" so I usually avoid "bargain" gear.

So, when it comes to studio monitors I see the pros using stuff that's in the thousands of dollar range and I know that's out of my league.

I've rotated through a few different sets of studio monitors and dropped a few bucks on a set of Adam A7X's a while back.
I'm very happy with them and they suite my needs nicely.

That brings me to the next stage.
Again, most pros, suggest you use at least one other set of monitors to do A/B comparisons and the second set should be the 'Bad" set.
Meaning, if you can, get a really good set and a second, not so good, set.
Do all the critical work on the good ones and the "real world" listening is done on the second set.

OK so, I was using a set of Avantone Cubes for my second set and they did a great job.
However, as small as they where, they occupied some valuable real-estate on my desk.
So, I sold them and went hunting for something even smaller.

Well, I settled in on a set of IK Multimeddia iLoud Micro Monitors.
Got them hooked up today and I'm blown away as to the quality of sound coming out of these little things.

If you are searching for small studio monitors, check them out.
They could be my only monitors if i needed to scale down.
They retail for about $299, but you can find them cheaper.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/iloudmm/

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
I have been using a nice set of studio headphones, and a $60 pair of gamer headphones to do the A/B thing

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
I have a decent pair of desktop monitors. I just need a bigger desk.
MonitorSpeakers.jpg

Elwood

Blues
Darn it!!! I didn't know I was supposed to have two of 'em.

upload_2020-2-29_8-21-15.jpeg upload_2020-2-29_8-21-22.jpeg:D

I guess you need two for good steer-eo. :whistle: