MikeS - Fixit Submissions for May 20, 2020 AAP Session

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Fix It

After a month and probably 1,000 practice sessions & 500 takes, it's still only at 75%, and only the first 16 bars.
Bars 5&6 and 10&11 are getting there (still some wrong notes). So is it time to pick up the speed or is it time to start working on 17-33 or both separately?

AAP Mixolydian/Dorian 4/15 Counting 75%

Ok after 30 minutes at 85% more warts for sure
AAP Mixolydian/Dorian 4/15 Counting 85%

Last edited:

bobeisenberg

Blues Newbie
Fix It

After a month and probably 1,000 practice sessions & 500 takes, it's still only at 75%, and only the first 16 bars.
Bars 5&6 and 10&11 are getting there (still some wrong notes). So is it time to pick up the speed or is it time to start working on 17-33 or both separately?

AAP Mixolydian/Dorian 4/15 Counting 75%

Ok after 30 minutes at 85% more warts for sure
AAP Mixolydian/Dorian 4/15 Counting 85%
That sounded awesome Mike! I was trolling the Forum and came across this. So happy to hear you killing it! Take care!

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
That sounded awesome Mike! I was trolling the Forum and came across this. So happy to hear you killing it! Take care!
HI Bob! How have you been?
I'm STILL working on that solo.
I'm close to having it all memorized, but still pretty far from having it at 100% speed.
This is one of those solos that made me think "If I can ever play THAT, I'll be playing the way I want to".
Now that I'm close, I've realized that being able to play ONE solo, no matter how "hard" it is, doesn't mean that I've arrived. It's just another step along a never ending path.

bobeisenberg

Blues Newbie
Hey there! I'm doing well. I hope the same is true for you and yours. That's quite a solo so keep working it. Would love to see you at another event, if Griff can get one scheduled. Stay well & stay safe!

Bob