Metronome Question

Steve_Smith

Blues Newbie
Hi all,
I just started the course yesterday and am currently working on the lick in the Reading Tab module before moving on as required.
My question is that Griff mentions to try and get one note per second so am I right in thinking that if I set a metronome to 60bpm that would equate to the one note per second recommendation.

Steve_Smith

Blues Newbie
Thank you for the reply Tom. Will probably start at something like 50bpm whilst learning the lick and work up to the 60bpm

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
Just a heads up for future lessons:

In general, Griff always suggests first being able to to count out load while playing a new lick at your own tempo without the metronome, like he does in the example.

Then once you get the notes under your fingers and have the correct count, the metronome will help keep your timing consistent. Start as low as you need to in order to keep the count going.

But if you can't count out loud while playing without the metronome (or set the metronome too high), using it will only trip you up.;)

Last edited:

Steve_Smith

Blues Newbie
Thank you the reply and tips Paleo.

Will definitely start off with counting out load to learn the finger placement and then once I’ve managed that will start to incorporate the metronome to get the timing correct, or in this case one note per second.