Maybe now is the time to take those video lessons?

matonanjin

Chubby, old guy trying to play some blues.
We all know concerts and tours are getting cancelled. One our forum member artists, @artyman , in another thread just mentioned getting 10 gigs cancelled. Lots of the artists that we follow are off the road and probably sitting at home. And probably most, being self-employed, have no form of PTO. Many of these artists, to varying degrees, also offer some sort of guitar lessons. Maybe it is DVD lessons, streaming lessons on a teaching site, video exchange lessons , or SKYPE lessons.

And we are not going out.

Maybe now is the perfect time to contact that artist that you have thinking about taking lessons with. It could provide some financial support to our favorite artists and help you work on that technique you're struggling with.

Of course, we know which artist we could start with. I have no idea what Griff has available in his schedule.

I know I am contacting the instructor I have worked with in the past and scheduling some lessons.

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Or he could have caught it from me - who knows? The company I work for has major ties to Singapore

matonanjin

Chubby, old guy trying to play some blues.
@david moon I'm not quite sure I understand your post. But I saw Garry Hoey on the Keeping the Blues Alive at Sea cruise last year. One phenomenal guitarist.

jammoore99

Blues Newbie
Totally agree. We all need to take this seriously and avoid in person meetings and encourage "social distancing" until this thing blows over. When that will be is anybody's guess? On line lessons are a great way to go. Thanks for the great post and recommendations.

Rad

Blues Newbie
I know. I wish there was just some guy on line that had a good package of Blues lessons. Like, lead, rhythm, theory, etc. Maybe he even might send an email out everyday with cool comments and fun little bits to learn.

Who am I kidding, it will never happen.....:rolleyes:

david moon

Attempting the Blues
@david moon I'm not quite sure I understand your post. But I saw Garry Hoey on the Keeping the Blues Alive at Sea cruise last year. One phenomenal guitarist.
Just being a little sarcastic and downplaying the panic. I posted elsewhere that the show was sparsely attended, probably because of virus fears. I agree a phenominal gutarist. I bought his latest CD after the show. He seems like a "regular guy" both in his on stage banter and in the meet and greet after the show. Reminds me of Griff in some ways, although I am not aware that he has any instructional materials.

The other comment was just about how interconnected we are. I work for a multinational aerospace company. I have no way of knowing whether I might have been exposed 2nd or 3rd hand, and if so I could have passed it on. But no symptoms so far.

Infinity Hall last thursday all 1.5 hours.