May Fix it - Blues in E

Steve_Whant

Blues Junior
I just thanked PapaRaptor for putting your fix it *after* mine. :D

You have the Schofield thing going on pretty dang good! Tone, licks, swing, etc. Are you reading from a note-for-note source, or working out those licks on your own?
TrueFire - note for note - nothing engineered by me

Steve_Whant

Blues Junior

Run out of time and may not get back to the guitar before the session on Monday so this may be as good as it gets at full speed (105 bpm)

I miss several bits - i know where those are
I get some timing wrong - I mostly know where that is
I miss the change of pickup mid-track - it throws me every time I try to do it - so I don't actually have the control i need at this speed to do that
Completely fluff the ending - not got that sorted yet even at slower speeds

What I think I do get is the 'feel' of the track

So much to get fixed!!

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member

Run out of time and may not get back to the guitar before the session on Monday so this may be as good as it gets at full speed (105 bpm)

I miss several bits - i know where those are
I get some timing wrong - I mostly know where that is
I miss the change of pickup mid-track - it throws me every time I try to do it - so I don't actually have the control i need at this speed to do that
Completely fluff the ending - not got that sorted yet even at slower speeds

What I think I do get is the 'feel' of the track

So much to get fixed!!
Just listened to your entire track. I think you have nailed it!
I just overlayed the MS lead guitar track over yours. I doubt Matt Schofield could play it any closer than you did if he did it again. The (very few) areas where you deviated from his original were still melodic and well within the feel of the track! This has been a joy to follow as you've worked on this during the month.

Last edited:

Steve_Whant

Blues Junior
Just listened to your entire track. I think you have nailed it!
I just overlayed the MS lead guitar track over yours. I doubt Matt Schofield could play it any closer than you did if he did it again. The (very few) areas where you deviated from his original were still melodic and well within the feel of the track! This has been a joy to follow as you've worked on this during the month.
Thanks Lloyd - i am really pleased to have found this stuff from Matt Schofield. Next month: Boogaloogaloo - completely different feel and fretboard work. Started with the listening part - this will be really tough though. Looking forward to hearing what Griff thinks of this and of course his suggestions for any fixes.