Mary's Little Lamb Electric

E

Emilio

Here is my attempt on my 57 RI Strat, including some interference and twangy bits ;)

This was done with my line 6 Pocket Pod plugged straight into the mic socket on the side of my laptop, using the “Line 6 amp model” on the neck pickup

Not too happy with the sound quality and I'm kinda struggling with my quest for a great blues tone  :-/

http://www.4shared.com/file/140780842/eed03440/MarysLittleLamb_Electric.html

Comments welcome

Emi (UK)

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Nice job Emi. I'm surprised that that was a strat on bridge pup. Mine is way more treble.
I think the recording sounded great and you've definitely got that piece down. Thanks for the recording.
Mike

E

Emilio

Good point Mike

It was actually the neck pickup and I have amended my post accordingly

Thanks for bringing it to my attention

J

jhagan421

Emi.
Great job.  The sound is good and the playing smooth.  I look at other comments and I realize I have to work on my ear as well as my playing.  

Oh yeah stop calling these attempts you making the rest of us feel bad ;D ;)

Dumb question - Does the title in the manual say Mary's Little Farm at the lesson, and Mary's Little Lamb in the table of contents?

(Sorry Griff - its been buggin me I had to ask)

ihorowitz

Blues Newbie
Awesome!  Now I really am jealous.  I've been working on that along time.  I had a guitar teacher write out the SRV version, but I could never get the timing of that intro quite right- and you nailed.  I have better luck with the solo.... but I'm inspired to revisit this one, cause I love this tune so much.  Thanks & keep em coming!

I

IrishRover

Way to go Emi ! - now I know what I have to look forward to.  Maybe someday I can play like that.  I know - practice, practice,practice.  :cool:

SeattleSlim

Blues Newbie
Hi Emi,
Good job. I like the relaxed feel of your playing. Nothing is going to hold you back. I'm thinking maybe I should invest in BBG. Some fun stuff.