Martin Custom DX-1 Dreadnought Acoustic

henryj

Blues Newbie
I just picked up the Martin Custom DX-1 Dreadnought acoustic/electric on sale at Guitar Center for Labor day at $399.

Kind of a plain jane looking guitar but the sound is AWSOME.

If your looking at entry level prices for upper end sound give this unit a look at.

Show them the web sight price, in store price is $499.

giayank

Just another day in paradise
Play that sweet thing with a smile and in good health Henryj . Congrats sounds like you got an awesome deal . Pun intended . ;D

gpower

Blues Junior
Great guitar man!

I kinda miss my Martin but, I didn't play it enough to let it sit in a case under the bed. The Tak I have now is great for the few times I feel like playing acoustic.

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
'grats on the new guitar!!  I've got 3 Martins.  They're great guitars.

dougbriney

Blues Newbie

I've got 3 too, D-28, D-35, and an R-18. Also a Takamine 12 string. My son and I jam acoustic most Thursdays. He likes the D-35, I usually play the D-28. The R-18 is in the shop for repair but it's going to be my playing on the porch guitar because it looks so cool! [smiley=beer.gif]

jackderby52

Prehistoric blues knob (not newbie)
Congratulations on the new Martin Henry!!

P.S. I never realized we had a Martin Fan Club going…  I only have two…  HD28V and D18GE…  Love em both…

jackderby52

I've got 3 too, D-28, D-35, and an R-18. Also a Takamine 12 string. My son and I jam acoustic most Thursdays. He likes the D-35, I usually play the D-28. The R-18 is in the shop for repair but it's going to be my playing on the porch guitar because it looks so cool! [smiley=beer.gif]

What year is that R-18??

brent

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
My wife has the 000-15M (I play it more than she does). It is a great playing and sounding little guitar. More than that, you can really see the quality difference when comparing it to other guitars that cost less than a grand. Cool thing is we got it about 10 years ago. It only cost us about $700. Now they run about $1100-1300.

dougbriney

Blues Newbie

What year is that R-18??

1934, it's my first nice guitar. I bought it at 15.

jackderby52

Man, that is so cool… just think, of what it was like when she was built nearly 80 years ago… the great depression, etc… would love to see pictures when you get her back...