March 2023 Challenge - Someplace, Anyplace?

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
A couple of songs I thought for sure that would be done by now. Don Williams a country artist wrote it and took it to the top 10 on the country charts Clapton did it "Tulsa Time".
The other one "Sweet home Alabama". when that came out every barroom garage band in America played it to the point I never wanted to hear it again.

TexBill

Blues in Texas
A couple of songs I thought for sure that would be done by now. Don Williams a country artist wrote it and took it to the top 10 on the country charts Clapton did it "Tulsa Time".
The other one "Sweet home Alabama". when that came out every barroom garage band in America played it to the point I never wanted to hear it again.
I have wonder about that myself. If I could I would. Love that Don Williams version. He had a very smooth voice.

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
I have wonder about that myself. If I could I would. Love that Don Williams version. He had a very smooth voice.
Do it to it Brother; it is a great song nice bluesie beat I thought about it but went with "Birmingham tonight" more my style. I have another one I was working on today but not sure I can get it to jell- 'Promised Land"--Chuck Berry/ It use to be on my play list but I am 30 years older now and things ain't looking to good. P.S. I kind of like Dom Williams version best to but can't knock Claptons version, but I liked J.J.Cales songs better than any of Claptons covers. P.S. Again --they are jiving you about the booze thing just a common joke around BGU live events if nothing else at least one day meet a few of the faceless folks you are talking too.

TexBill

Blues in Texas
Do it to it Brother; it is a great song nice bluesie beat I thought about it but went with "Birmingham tonight" more my style. I have another one I was working on today but not sure I can get it to jell- 'Promised Land"--Chuck Berry/ It use to be on my play list but I am 30 years older now and things ain't looking to good. P.S. I kind of like Dom Williams version best to but can't knock Claptons version, but I liked J.J.Cales songs better than any of Claptons covers. P.S. Again --they are jiving you about the booze thing just a common joke around BGU live events if nothing else at least one day meet a few of the faceless folks you are talking too.
Brother you just don't know how far I took the HOOKY POOKEY thing about BEER MONEY. I had MikeR believing I was serious... After carrying it to what I felt was the max, I told hime I played him and led him by the collar like my late Golden Retriever. He had no idea I knew about the long standing joke...

ARe you sure you don't want to do Tulsa Time. After all you mentioned it first. I was like you and couldn't believe no one has doen it already.

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
I don't read all the post but did read the one that you were not going to be there---so you got 2 for the price of 1. What a deal.:giggle:
Go for Tulsa Time---I got more ideas than you can shake a stick at--as mother would say.

Last edited:

BraylonJennings

It's all blues
Sweet Home Oklahoma naturally follows Sweet Home Chicago, same writer. That's what you call a theme! A theme within a theme. Not a simple song, got a little obsessed by it. That's over now. Another of my all time fave songs. I threw the kitchen sink at it and come up with.......it's tuff to play at 75 bpm
Ezdrummer, bass, piano, a couple guitars, and a vocal. I cleaned my studio before I started this one. About time.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Sweet Home Oklahoma naturally follows Sweet Home Chicago, same writer. That's what you call a theme! A theme within a theme. Not a simple song, got a little obsessed by it. That's over now. Another of my all time fave songs. I threw the kitchen sink at it and come up with.......it's tuff to play at 75 bpm
Ezdrummer, bass, piano, a couple guitars, and a vocal. I cleaned my studio before I started this one. About time.

Channeling your Leon Russel there.
Nice Job.