March 2023 Challenge - Someplace, Anyplace?

Elwood

Blues
A different Sweet Home Chicago. I think I was much more familiar with this version than the traditional one when it came out. This is a totally different song. Leon Russell on maybe his first solo record, 1970. I had the 8-track. This song seems to be both too high and too low for my voice. The whole thing was a struggle. But its blues!
Outrageous!!! Well done and great fun Braylon!

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
A different Sweet Home Chicago. I think I was much more familiar with this version than the traditional one when it came out. This is a totally different song. Leon Russell on maybe his first solo record, 1970. I had the 8-track. This song seems to be both too high and too low for my voice. The whole thing was a struggle. But its blues!
Braylon that is a great one---I love your voice, very unique, it sounds good no matter what genre you are playing.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Man, am I rusty:cry:
After a house full of company and then a dose of covid, I haven't touched a guitar in 2 weeks.
The fingers just don't wanna behave.

Anyways, here's one from the days when I used to be Jonny Rivers :ROFLMAO:
Nice!
I thought about this a couple weeks ago and listened to Johnny Rivers' version several times. Glad to hear someone else thought about it as well!

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
Wait a minute here Bro. You sure look a lot like Johnny--your daddy wasn't a truck driver was he.:ROFLMAO: O.K. seriously we have the Johnny Rivers greatest hits album in our 6 disc hanger-and it STAYS THERE,---He is the one guy along with David Bromberg that Sharon and I both like listening too. How about "Bare footing"' or "Poor side of town". He was a big inspiration for me.
You did Great job on that :Beer::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Wait a minute here Bro. You sure look a lot like Johnny--your daddy wasn't a truck driver was he.:ROFLMAO: O.K. seriously we have the Johnny Rivers greatest hits album in our 6 disc hanger-and it STAYS THERE,---He is the one guy along with David Bromberg that Sharon and I both like listening too. How about "Bare footing"' or "Poor side of town". He was a big inspiration for me.
You did Great job on that :Beer::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
When I was a teenager, my buddy and I played that record so much I think we could hear side two leaking through

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
@Elwood
Your fingers seam to be working(y)
Nice and mellow!

“I started recording because I was always complaining about the records that I was getting of my songs. At least if I did them and messed them up, I wouldn’t have anyone else to blame.”
~ Randy Newman~