Major and minor Blues and Pentatonic Scales

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
Thanks Tom, I've been trying to get my head around where the scale degrees are within the three one step and two step and a half patterns that make up the minor pentatonic and where the 4th and 7th fit as well, this on two sheets is a big help!

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
Thanks Tom, I've been trying to get my head around where the scale degrees are within the three one step and two step and a half patterns that make up the minor pentatonic and where the 4th and 7th fit as well, this on two sheets is a big help!
It is interesting to have this information in different formats. I like to consider the fingering, and note positions as well, which is even more important. Learn the notes on the guitar fretboard, what I, IV, and IV are all about (where are those root notes?), and how to use that knowledge.

Tom

davidc252

Blues Newbie
This video is well worth watching, it's the ninth in a series where Lee Anderton of the well known (well in UK) Music Store, takes lessons with Justin Sandercoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jatsaR9lHLc

Thanks for posting this video Artyman. I love Justin's lessons, and I've seen quite a few videos with Lee Anderton and Rob Chapman comparing gear. Lee is a pretty good guitar player. It kind of surprises me that he still takes lessons like this. But it also makes me feel better to know that someone of his ability still takes lessons and still gets caught off guard.