Looper pedal lesson

Nomadic Dan

Blues Newbie
Hi Griff I would love some help with using my looper pedal. Specifically on how to use vamp chords and strumming ideas for solo practicing. Also rhythm and strumming ideas to help improve 12 bar blues when played into looper would be great too. Overall general ways to incorporate looper pedals into practicing by yourself would help me a lot. Thanks!

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Hi Griff I would love some help with using my looper pedal. Specifically on how to use vamp chords and strumming ideas for solo practicing. Also rhythm and strumming ideas to help improve 12 bar blues when played into looper would be great too. Overall general ways to incorporate looper pedals into practicing by yourself would help me a lot. Thanks!

Dan, IF I remember correctly, you are already an All Access Pass member, so you already have access to the strumming courses. Check out "52 Rhythm fills & Variations" and "Strumming and Rhythm Mastery"

Nomadic Dan

Blues Newbie
Dan, IF I remember correctly, you are already an All Access Pass member, so you already have access to the strumming courses. Check out "52 Rhythm fills & Variations" and "Strumming and Rhythm Mastery"
Thanks for the suggestions, and I will definitely use those in the future. They seem a little advanced for me now. I'm trying to learn basic soloing with a looper pedal and I only have one rhythm I'm using (slow blues in A) and its getting rather boring. Since Griff was asking for suggestions for future all access lessons I thought a basic lesson on loopers would be great.

dvs

Green Mountain Blues
Did you take a look at the AAP Gear session from 3/26/19? It was about using loopers.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Thanks for the suggestions, and I will definitely use those in the future. They seem a little advanced for me now. I'm trying to learn basic soloing with a looper pedal and I only have one rhythm I'm using (slow blues in A) and its getting rather boring. Since Griff was asking for suggestions for future all access lessons I thought a basic lesson on loopers would be great.

ANthony over at TX*BA has a great video that helped me learn how to loop some chords, if that's what you are looking for.

https://texasbluesalley.com/oldtonezone/tone-tuesday/taming-the-ditto-looper-for-blues