Loop feature

Elio

Student Of The Blues
I should add that all use Safari.

Now that you mention it, I had exactly the same problem in Safari although it happens intermittently. It seems to be more likely to occur when the video is speeded up and then looped. I will give Chrome a try next time to see if it works better.

EDIT: Of course, I posted this before reading Griff's reply. I just tried it in Safari and it seems to now be working well, even at double-speed.

AaronLewis

Blues Newbie
If I understand what you are saying, the 'online' lessons are able to use the looping feature but when you run them from CD [or downloads] they don't loop. If that is correct, that should be very fixable. It likely relates to your video program, which probably does not have a looping feature. I use VLC Player a tried and true video player which does have a looper feature. In addition it can slow down [or speed up] the video, which can also be helpful.

VLC Player is Open Source software that is available for free...
https://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html

Hope that is helpful

This was a great suggestion - I'm having trouble with the online looper but VLC worked like a charm!

Wiz_Dan_Garrett

Blues Newbie
I use Safari on a Mac to run the lessons. I can set a loop start and loop end with no problem, but I can't get it to play the loop, and repeat it. Are there instructions on how to use the loop feature anywhere on the web site?
I didn't find the answer to my question on this thread or elsewhere.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
I'm not a safari guy, but once you set the loop below the video, you should see a PLAY icon within the video and you should be able to just press the icon. If that doesn't work I guess some Apple people will have to chime in.

Elio

Student Of The Blues
I use Safari on a Mac to run the lessons. I can set a loop start and loop end with no problem, but I can't get it to play the loop, and repeat it. Are there instructions on how to use the loop feature anywhere on the web site?
I didn't find the answer to my question on this thread or elsewhere.

I was running into a similar problem using the loop feature on Mac with Safari but the last time I tried, it seemed to be working better. In my case, if I sped up the playback, the video would shoot past the end marker without looping. I can't get to my Mac at the moment but I'll give it a try a little later.

Wiz_Dan_Garrett

Blues Newbie
OK, I was already doing all the right things, as per MikeS. Having the same problems as Ello. But I went back and tried again, and it appears to be working. Go figure. Gremlins in the machina. Must be a Halloween "thang."
Of course, I didn't have a problem looping with the downloaded version. Quicktime Player easily allows for setting up and playing loops from .mov or .mp4 files. Thanks for the answers (!?). LOL