Loop feature

JestMe

Student Of The Blues
If I understand what you are saying, the 'online' lessons are able to use the looping feature but when you run them from CD [or downloads] they don't loop. If that is correct, that should be very fixable. It likely relates to your video program, which probably does not have a looping feature. I use VLC Player a tried and true video player which does have a looper feature. In addition it can slow down [or speed up] the video, which can also be helpful.

VLC Player is Open Source software that is available for free...
https://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html

Hope that is helpful

Jay Dee

Blues addicted
With the online lessons I can start the loop but not end it. But when watching the all access videos the looping start and stop works!

JestMe

Student Of The Blues
I'm not sure I follow you. What is the difference between the online lessons and the all access lessons? Aren't they both online... how do you access the online lessons vs accessing the all access lessons? Aren't they the same?

It might be helpful if you named the specific videos you are having trouble with.

Jay Dee

Blues addicted
When I am watching any lesson on line I set the loop start and then the loop end and it plays right through the loop end. When watching all access videos the loop start and stop work!

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
When I am watching any lesson on line I set the loop start and then the loop end and it plays right through the loop end. When watching all access videos the loop start and stop work!

Does this happen for all courses?
I just randomly checked one lesson in BGU and it worked fine for me.
Which course/lesson are you looking at?

You may want to try clearing your cache and reloading the page.

Jay Dee

Blues addicted
It works fine on the all access live sessions videos.... I just checked and rechecked and it does not work on any of the course lessons. I just tried three random course lessons. It is a wonderful tool and I would like to be able to use ito_O

Last edited:

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
I guess we'll have to get @Griff to weigh in on this. It seems to work for everyone else.
It would probably help him to know:
1) what's your OS
2) what's your browser
3) Which Course/Lesson have you seen this in?

Jay Dee

Blues addicted
Thank you!
1) windows 10
2) explorer
3) does not work on BBU and BGU.....
4) it does work on Acoustic Blues

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
I tried it with Microsoft Edge and with Google Chrome. (Internet Explorer no longer appears on my computer).
The first time through with Microsoft Edge, it worked. All subsequent attempts failed.
Logout and login again... didn't matter. Tried it on BBG and BGU 2.0. Also on ABGU. Failed on everything I tried.
Resetting a new end point always caused the video to restart at the begin loop point, but it played through the end point every time (after the very first loop I set).

Google Chrome never failed.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Explorer is no longer on my machine either and I've really not liked Edge (it seems so much slower than Chrome and it doesn't seem to support all the add-ons that I use)
I tried it with Edge and I'm experiencing the same problem (running past loop end) and more (when I clear the loop, the display doesn't look like it has been cleared, but it is in fact cleared)

JestMe

Student Of The Blues
Ah now we are getting someplace. Forgive me if I am missing something simple but I still do not get the distinction between "online" course and "All Access" course... aren't they both online and subject to the same behavior?

I use Chrome and don't seem to have a problem.

BTW I believe IE went End of Life with Win 10 and The Edge!

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
I switched to Chrome and the looper works!! I wonder what the difference is.

Microsoft has a history of "augmenting" the W3C standards for web browsers, while still claiming compliance. Every browser has some quirks that break compliance.

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
OK, duly noted. Not sure about a fix and how long that'll take, it's obviously above my pay grade so I'll have to get someone smarter than me on it :)

In the meantime, using Chrome (and probably Firefox) seems to be an option. Just avoid Edge for the moment.

Jay Dee

Blues addicted
Thanks guys! I am in fact using edge not explorer. I don't like the way chrome looks on my computer but will use when needed. Thanks again(y)

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Ah now we are getting someplace. Forgive me if I am missing something simple but I still do not get the distinction between "online" course and "All Access" course... aren't they both online and subject to the same behavior?

I use Chrome and don't seem to have a problem.

BTW I believe IE went End of Life with Win 10 and The Edge!
I'm not sure there is a difference except actual ownership and "access to". which shouldn't make a difference.

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
Those of you using Edge should be able to give it a try. We tried a compromise that, as far as I can tell, makes it work in Edge.

@tommytubetone try it on safari as well, let's see if we got it.