Look'n For Light (an original)

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
I will limit my feedback to the music:censored:. I loved the feel and groove of the song. As soon as my first listen was complete, I picked up my guitar and started the song over again so that I could play along with the Captain. It was fun playing along and throwing a few fills in here and there. If it was rough, I guess I would consider that a good thing which added to the likeability of the tune. Nice job.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
I will limit my feedback to the music:censored:. I loved the feel and groove of the song. As soon as my first listen was complete, I picked up my guitar and started the song over again so that I could play along with the Captain. It was fun playing along and throwing a few fills in here and there. If it was rough, I guess I would consider that a good thing which added to the likeability of the tune. Nice job.
Thanks TZ,
I was pondering some additional guitar, just got hung up in mixing and needed to have a rough cut to work with.

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Love the groove on that. Drums are sounding class, the mix is excellent.(y)(y)(y) Love it, love it, love it!!:love: There is a new confidence in your work Moto, that is obviously coming from experience.:)

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Thanks all for giving this a listen and providing some feedback.

This one turned out much differently then what I originally conceived.

When I started out, I was gonna do something in the style of Muddy Waters.

As I began building the song it morphed into what it is.
I'm rarely happy with the results of my mixes but on this one, in particular, I know I've got a real problem with sibilance on my vocals and the entire songs is very heavily compressed.
I will be going back to the drawing board.

Thanks again folks

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
I had to check out the definition to that word: 'Poets use SIBILANCE to create an atmosphere within a poem and to have a musical effect on readers"- HMMMM- That don't sound like too bad a thing to have. . .

Sibilance
is a sound characterized by pronouncing consonants, syllables, or words with the letter 's' (and sometimes a 't' or 'z'). ... In audio reproduction, the letter 's' should sound clear and distinct, not smeared, exaggerated, or distorted as in 'sh' or 'ch.'Oct 18, 2018

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
Sibilance is a sound characterized by pronouncing consonants, syllables, or words with the letter 's' (and sometimes a 't' or 'z'). ... In audio reproduction, the letter 's' should sound clear and distinct, not smeared, exaggerated, or distorted as in 'sh' or 'ch.'Oct 18, 2018
I read ALL of them on the beast including that one---but I liked the one I posted best. It has to do with Poetic atmosphere and Music. I felt it was more fitting. Heck I started out with pop filters for Ps & Bs---now I got to worry about Ss-Ts and now Zs -CHs :eek::Beer: I will be sure not to write anything like "She Took me To the Zebra SCHool".:)

Last edited:

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
I read ALL of them on the beast including that one---but I liked the one I posted best. It has to do with Poetic atmosphere and Music. I felt it was more fitting. Heck I started out with pop filters for Ps & Bs---now I got to worry about Ss-Ts and now Zs -CHs :eek::Beer: I will be sure not to write anything like "She Took me To the Zebra SCHool".:)
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Hmm,
I'd like to hear that song.
Let's get on it!

Elwood

Blues
Great Moto! Your vocal confidence is growing and showing. No shortage of bass on this one, sounds just right. I don't catch the sibs, (I do have some hf roll off in my hearing though) just good clarity and definition on the lyrics without being too loud. Nice work!!!:Beer: They keep on getting better!:thumbup:

BigMike

Blues Oldie
Bit of a delay in replying to this one due to the bush fires, golf ball size hail and now dust storms we are experiencing here in NSW. Apparently, plague of locusts is next o_O. Cap'n this has the makings of a mighty fine song. I like the groove and I think it's almost there really. One thing I did notice is that the mood of the vocal changes slightly towards the end, just a thought. That is one red hot guitar solo.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Bit of a delay in replying to this one due to the bush fires, golf ball size hail and now dust storms we are experiencing here in NSW. Apparently, plague of locusts is next o_O. Cap'n this has the makings of a mighty fine song. I like the groove and I think it's almost there really. One thing I did notice is that the mood of the vocal changes slightly towards the end, just a thought. That is one red hot guitar solo.
Thanks for giving it a listen.
Perhaps you're looking for some distractions from the apocalypse there.
Hope you and yours are holding up , I can't imagine facing such devastation.
Yes, it was my intention to drop it down after the last verse and guitar solo energy.
I'll take that under advisement.
Thanks

Last edited: