Live Sound

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Well, Arnie does run his own backline company, so having the finest equipment and some of the finest country players in Orange county probably has something to do with it.
I would be willing to bet the raw stems from that performance went home with Arnie and got mixed at his home studio.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Well, Arnie does run his own backline company, so having the finest equipment and some of the finest country players in Orange county probably has something to do with it.
I would be willing to bet the raw stems from that performance went home with Arnie and got mixed at his home studio.

Ah!! That makes sense. I had never heard a live performance (except on something like The Voice) sound THAT good.

jmin

Student Of The Blues
It sounded really good (...too good for a live Zoom recording). I'm with Papa on this one. Someone did something.
I kept getting distracted by all those people walking in front of the stage, then I realized that's how 'all ya all' dance down in Texas!

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
It sounded really good (...too good for a live Zoom recording). I'm with Papa on this one. Someone did something.
I kept getting distracted by all those people walking in front of the stage, then I realized that's how 'all ya all' dance down in Texas!
You might be surprised to know that Arnie Newman lives in Riverside County, and "The Ranch" night club is located in Anaheim, California.

Last edited:

jmin

Student Of The Blues
You might be surprised to know that Arnie Newman lives in Riverside County, and "The Ranch" night club is located in Anaheim, California.
Very! But then again, "Goofy" things do happen in Anaheim! (Not that line dancing is goofy...but in So Cal, very surprising!)
Nice recording!

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
Jim, my mom and dad met at a country dance in San Francisco, in 1940. My great great grandparents were dairy farmers in San Francisco. The dairy ranch was the city block at 26th and Alabama Streets. This is where my grandfather grew up. Grandpa (our super hero!) had the largest news paper route in San Francisco, delivering the News, Call and Bulletin newspapers, thanks to his horse. At that time they were three separate newspapers.

After mom and dad got married, and WWII ended, they continued to enjoy country dances in the City. They met a couple that became great friends of theirs, as well as my brother, wife and myself. We learned country and Mexican dances in school, as a required course.

When Lloyd mentioned Orange County, I did not know if he meant California or Florida. Imagine! Mickey Mouse is in two counties in different states! :)

By the way, we had some good gear at AMPEX, for recording - studio recording that is. :)

Tom

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
For that particular gig, The Ranch is a well known place with a top quality sound system and it never moves, and the guy who runs it runs it full time. No expense was spared in that department and it shows.