Link for 8-22-2020 Zoom 3 PM EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
I am really enjoying this! My camera still has not arrived and my microphone is not working. I am using a cheap computer mic and have to get a preamp to use one of my good ones! Sorry I could not respond when you recognized I was there! :):Beer:

Man, this is a blast! Thank you all! :cool:

Tom

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
I am really enjoying this! My camera still has not arrived and my microphone is not working. I am using a cheap computer mic and have to get a preamp to use one of my good ones! Sorry I could not respond when you recognized I was there! :):Beer:

Man, this is a blast! Thank you all! :cool:

Tom
Well we have been enjoying your picture. Hopefully you can get some audio and video going

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Thanks to everyone who showed up for today's testing session. We had a lot of fun and had a total of 15 people who dropped by the session.
I'll try and have a couple more test sessions during the evening this week, prior to the official Kalamazoom sessions on thursday and friday (and most likely saturday).
I hope to see you all there!

P.S. Bring beer.

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
The Zoom session yesterday was such a blast for me! The last nine months have been difficult due to our move, many lifelong friends and relatives passing away, and life in general. Then you add the politics, virus, and wildfires in Northern California, and it is a bit depressing. :(

I cannot express in words how happy you guys made me yesterday. What would it be like to be in a real jam with all of you? Outer space! :love:

This morning I realized I should have kept a list of participants and their names. I would like to give a critique of the audio and video quality I observed, for the purpose of helping others who might need a slight tweak to improve the quality of their video or audio. I enjoyed the guitar work, singing, and the talking back and forth. One member could have turned up his microphone volume and another member could have had a better lighting system to illuminate himself. Other than that, it was such a good session from every perspective. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

As for me, my audio and video quality were non existent! My camera is yet to be delivered (my birthday present from May) and the computer microphone was recognized but does not work. I think the mic is a causality of the move. I need a good preamp for my good mics. At least I got Zoom to work. (y)

We had people from all over, including but not limited to England, Australia, and the United States.

Thanks to all who participated, including Griff.

Even if my gear is not ready for the real session, I will do my best to be there! :cool::):Beer:

Tom

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
Tom: I don't know what my video---or my mic sounded like (I couldn't hear it or see it from my end ) but I was using a HP packer web cam----It clips on the top of your moniter. It was a REALLY CHEAP ONE Sharon got it Best Buy or maybe Wal-mart---about $30?????---she has had it for years----she uses to SKYP talk to the grand kids.-it would be nice to see you on there. Later

Elio

Student Of The Blues
The Zoom session yesterday was such a blast for me! The last nine months have been difficult due to our move, many lifelong friends and relatives passing away, and life in general. Then you add the politics, virus, and wildfires in Northern California, and it is a bit depressing. :(

I cannot express in words how happy you guys made me yesterday. What would it be like to be in a real jam with all of you? Outer space! :love:

This morning I realized I should have kept a list of participants and their names. I would like to give a critique of the audio and video quality I observed, for the purpose of helping others who might need a slight tweak to improve the quality of their video or audio. I enjoyed the guitar work, singing, and the talking back and forth. One member could have turned up his microphone volume and another member could have had a better lighting system to illuminate himself. Other than that, it was such a good session from every perspective. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

As for me, my audio and video quality were non existent! My camera is yet to be delivered (my birthday present from May) and the computer microphone was recognized but does not work. I think the mic is a causality of the move. I need a good preamp for my good mics. At least I got Zoom to work. (y)

We had people from all over, including but not limited to England, Australia, and the United States.

Thanks to all who participated, including Griff.

Even if my gear is not ready for the real session, I will do my best to be there! :cool::):Beer:

Tom

Once you get your mic and camera working properly, you may want to consider experimenting with JamKazam, which allows you to jam in real time with others. It's free and fun.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
I'm not running this shindig so take this with a grain of sale, but when you sign in and your video comes up, I'd recommend that you click on your name (within your video window) and edit it to include your Forum handle and your location. Makes it easier to put a face to a name/handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.