Lifelong Hobbyist...

KurtSimmons3157

Blues Newbie
Hi Gang....Guitar playing has always been a hobby...40+ years. At various points I would
dig a bit deeper, study & practice more, take lessons...etc. I'm in central New Jersey, midway
between New York City & Philadelphia. I'm not the quickest student & my instructor is very
talented & brimming with knowledge...tho his "course" is all in his head..no books. Now, with our
economy & being slammed with taxes, I had to give up on my bi-monthly lessons..& started looking
closer at the various youtube guitarists, looking to find a way of continuing my "hobby"...
BGU looked like a good place to start & I've purchased a few courses and am loving it.
Books, DVDs, videos...it's all there...lessons much the same as my instructor, but I can go at
my own pace & jump around a bit. Not to mention all the knowledge in the Forum
I've learned so much....in such a short time & I've only been signed up for a month!
Why was I never told about 2 string chords??!!!....thx....Kurt

artyman

Fareham UK
Hi and welcome from one of the UK mob, great bunch of folk on here with plenty of advice and encouragement. You might also like to take a wander down to the basement and join some of us in the Virtual Jam Room, you have to bring your own beer though :)

Zzzen Dog

Blues Junior
Welcome Kurt! Yeah, using the tri tones (aka two note chords) is a game changer I picked up here too. Wait until you figure out tri tone substitutions and moving them up the neck six half tones... I'm still trying to wrap my head around it.

TexBill

Blues in Texas
Welcome aboard, Kurt. You have come to a friendly gathering of folk, some old and some not so old. I am in the former group. Advice is plentiful. Take what you can use and share some wisdom with the others.

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
Welcome to the forum, amigo! Take a look around and join the fun.