Lets see the home setup

Zzzen Dog

Blues Junior
ZD - I’m digging the basket weave Boogie! :)

Kevin
Thanks! The cabinet is bubinga... and almost doubled the cost of the amp. I'm still kicking myself for that bit of vanity. It's beautiful, but what was I thinking? That money could have been spent on another guitar!! Ugh.

That all said, that amp is everything I've ever thought I wanted. I've owned and/or played various Fender's, Marshall's, Vox's, Peavey's, and others. For me this gets me the sounds I've always heard in my head but couldn't quite get. I might just get a full Mark V, or maybe even look at the Mark 2JP, but this is it for me. So cool!!

CapnDenny1

Student Of The Blues
I built a bubinga cab for a Boogie Widebody for $350. Yes I am dumb! But he liked it and had me build a matching speaker cab to sit under the combo. Here it is on stage with his band at a winery near me. I think he likes it? Beautiful wood, but a pita to work with. I had to buy a drum sander to work it, because the planer would pull chunks out because of the crazy grain.

Bubinga by Dennis Kelley, on Flickr

CapnDenny1

Student Of The Blues
Here my spot. It slowly turned into a shop more than a studio. I have a couple amps upstairs, but I fix them more than I play them now. Which is a shame. Of course I am a much better tech than I am a player, dang it. Unfortunately I am not as good at the things I love, but at least I'm good at something!

IMG_3976 by Dennis Kelley, on Flickr

IMG_3974 by Dennis Kelley, on Flickr

IMG_3973 by Dennis Kelley, on Flickr

IMG_3972 by Dennis Kelley, on Flickr

Mickey Duane

Used To Be A Rock Star
My oh my

What a space and gear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess having a kegerator cuts down the practice time:Beer::):)

Peace

CapnDenny1

Student Of The Blues
Thanks for the compliments. I've had to cut down on the beer. But I can't hardly drink it out of a bottle anymore?

I just wanted to add a couple pic's of my boneyard. These are amps that I bought off ebay to fix. Some are just a chassis that I need to make a cab for as well, or just sell the chassis, once I fix it. There's another 3 or 4 under the workbench too. I have a few speakers too that I replaced the one in the amp.

I'm ready to retire! The boxes are being saved to ship the amps out, once I fix them.

IMG_3978 by Dennis Kelley, on Flickr

IMG_3979 by Dennis Kelley, on Flickr

TwoNotesSolo

Student Of The Blues
A recent pic of my setup. the amp hiding on the left is a Nace and my pride and Joy. The red one is a Mustang IIIv2, the bass amp a Fender Rumble 500v3 and the one in on the right with the protective cover on is my Monoprice 15W tube amp. I rarely play that one at home, but that's what I take to play out. The pedalboard is all mini pedals except the what pedal which is not part of it. I rarely use the 11R under the monitor, in part because I don't have proper speakers. only play it with headphones.
Guitars get rotated regularly, interestingly enough, in this pic they are all my own builds, including the bass, except for the Steinberger leaning on the Mustang.

IMG_20200405_112022-small.jpg

The other side of the room, where I have my electronic drumset. Handing above it is my UBass I have several more guitar/basses not in either picture.

IMG_20200405_112036-small.jpg

Anyway, that's my "little" piece of heaven.

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
With the social distancing thing, of course all open mic events have been cancelled. The lady who organizes them has started running virtual open mic nights through the associated FB group, with folks signing up for spots as before and, when your turn comes up, you broadcast live from your home studio. This is a screen grab from one of my video tests of my own setup. I haven't gone live for an open mic yet, have had an ugly cold bug with tight throat and coughing, but this week I plan to chime in for a set. The amp is off screen behind the camera (which is just my smart phone clamped into a tripod). My laptop will sit on that stool at the left edge of the frame so I can look over and monitor what's going out.

Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 6.34.59 PM.png