Let's crash The Slippery Noodle (Indianapolis) Open Jam Feb 1st!

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
Well I guess it's about to get rowdy at the Slippery Noodle! Have fun you lucky son of guns!

Last edited:

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
I contemplated it and had a long chat with brother Kestrou about coming up for it. Plane fare from West Palm Beach to Indy is ridiculously cheap. I guess there aren't a whole lot of Floridians aching to go to Indiana in January. But circumstances didn't permit me to come and disrupt the festivities, so all I have to say is PICTURES OR IT DIDN"T HAPPEN!

Say, how about a FB live stream from the Noodle... Tommy, I know you have a FB account... :D

tommytubetone

Great Lakes
IMG_1407.JPG IMG_1406.JPG IMG_1408.JPG It did happen. Just got home a little while ago. We closed down a 3 o'clock bar, so it's not like I got an early start this morning. Oh, and I had to stop in at Sweetwater since it's on the way home. Sad to say I have nothing to post in the Gear section.
It was myself, Kevin Stroud (kestrou), and Mark Wilson (arock). It's a cool place. The jam was held at the smaller of the two stages, and they had a great crowd with a lot of jammers. The leader of the scheduled band was sick, so a guy named Gordon Bonham ran it. He reminded me a lot of Robben Ford, both in how he looked and how he played. He was great! Mark and I got up in the same group with Gordon, so we had a good set. Kevin got up in the first group of jammers, and wasn't so lucky. The other guitar player borrowed my tuner before the set, and then spent most of the time tuning his guitar by ear while Kevin looked at him to at least contribute a little. He finally got around to playing and was pretty good. The guy started a song and then just quit on it after a minute or so, and also didn't give Kevin a solo on another song. It was a bad draw for Kevin, but he played well in spite of it all.
I thought we all did pretty good, so we didn't tarnish the BGU brand.
LLL would have loved the place. They had a whole wall behind the bar with Blues Brothers pictures.
I'll post some pics slowly but surely. We're taking credit for the first BGU JAM CRASH, even though some Orange County peeps might have a problem with that. :whistle::rolleyes:
The last picture is with Gordon. There will be more,

kestrou

Blooze Noobie
It was indeed a blast! Can't believe the three guys that showed drove 1.5, 3.5 and 4.5 hours each - where were the locals? - so we made the most of the evening.

Each group supposed to get three songs and I was with a pretty good bassist, decent drummer, and a knucklehead other guitarist. Set started with me singing Further On Up The Road and think I pulled it off reasonably well (while knucklehead tuned) - then he called Cold Shot, but he couldn't sing and play at the same time so he bagged it after about two minutes - he then called another song, I don't know what's it was but it was quick change 12 bar in A, so I followed. Was great fun and saw some excellent players.

Tommy and Mark had a kid playing trombone in their group and the kid was pretty good!

Details are fuzzy, but we were the last ones out the door at The Noodle (was that 2am?) and the went to another bar (Kilroy?) and closed it down too (4am?)...

I lost track of the bourbon rounds after five...

I remember trying to talk a gal at the last bar into flying to key west with me the next day... :)

Next BGU Jam Crash at Kingston Mines in Chicago?!

Kevin

tommytubetone

Great Lakes
I contemplated it and had a long chat with brother Kestrou about coming up for it. Plane fare from West Palm Beach to Indy is ridiculously cheap. I guess there aren't a whole lot of Floridians aching to go to Indiana in January. But circumstances didn't permit me to come and disrupt the festivities, so all I have to say is PICTURES OR IT DIDN"T HAPPEN!

Say, how about a FB live stream from the Noodle... Tommy, I know you have a FB account... :D
I dumped my Facebook account so it was a non starter. To say I would have been shocked to see you walk in the door would be a huge understatement. Too bad it didn't happen.

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
I toyed with it briefly myself, but the Doc released me to return to work for today, so just as well

arock

Help! I'm a rock
It was indeed a blast! Can't believe the three guys that showed drove 1.5, 3.5 and 4.5 hours each - where were the locals? - so we made the most of the evening.

Each group supposed to get three songs and I was with a pretty good bassist, decent drummer, and a knucklehead other guitarist. Set started with me singing Further On Up The Road and think I pulled it off reasonably well (while knucklehead tuned) - then he called Cold Shot, but he couldn't sing and play at the same time so he bagged it after about two minutes - he then called another song, I don't know what's it was but it was quick change 12 bar in A, so I followed. Was great fun and saw some excellent players.

Tommy and Mark had a kid playing trombone in their group and the kid was pretty good!

Details are fuzzy, but we were the last ones out the door at The Noodle (was that 2am?) and the went to another bar (Kilroy?) and closed it down too (4am?)...

I lost track of the bourbon rounds after five...

I remember trying to talk a gal at the last bar into flying to key west with me the next day... :)

Next BGU Jam Crash at Kingston Mines in Chicago?!

Kevin
Couldn't remember the name of the last bar for nothing. If you say it was Kilroy then I'll go with that. After all the beer and bourbon I feel fortunate to even remember being there:) Now that I've recovered I'm totally up for Chicago:thumbup:

kestrou

Blooze Noobie
You boys party hard.

Maybe too hard? I made it home (only an hour and a half) a little after noon the next day - and then went to bed for a couple more hours - hadn't planned to take the whole day off work, but that's how it went...

Tommy & Mark - how we gonna keep up that pace when we go on tour? :)

Kevin