Let's crash The Slippery Noodle (Indianapolis) Open Jam Feb 1st!

kestrou

Blooze Noobie
Indianapolis is blessed to have a GREAT Blues Bar - The Slippery Noodle Inn.

Indiana's oldest bar - in continual operation since 1850 - musicians who have played at there include joe Bonamassa, Luther Allison, Magic Dick, Jay Giles, John Mayall, Albert Collins, Buddy Miles, Charlie Musselwhite, Jr. Wells, Rick Derringer, Rare Earth, Lonnie Mack, Edgar Winter, Commander Cody, Savoy Brown, Matt "Guitar" Murphy, Jim Schwall, James Cotton, Big Head Todd and the Monsters, Yank Rachell, Larry Crane, Elvin Bishop, Duke Robillard, Pinetop Perkins, Country Joe McDonald, Ronnie Earl, Little Charlie and the Nightcats, Sugar Blue, The Nighthawks, Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown and Johnny Clyde Copeland to name a few.

Best part is, they have an open stage blues jam every Wednesday night!!!

I've been a couple times and it's a really great time - wait until you see the one-handed guitarist (not kidding, he's great) - starts at 8:30pm and lasts until well after midnight with a sign up list.

We have enough people in the area that I'm coordinating a "BGU Round up" for February 1st - so bring your guitar, your sense of humor, and a powerful thirst and we'll have a blast.

In case you're a noob, look for the gang of guys laughing and having the most fun - that's us. But if you're still not sure, then look for Gregg Allman and that's me. :)

More info here: http://www.slipperynoodle.com

Who's in?

Kevin

tommytubetone

Great Lakes
The only thing that will prevent me from making it will be the surgery date for my wife's knee replacement. We have a new dog in the family, an 86 pound brute who needs to be cared for. I should know fairly soon. Tommy

tommytubetone

Great Lakes
The only thing that will prevent me from making it will be the surgery date for my wife's knee replacement. We have a new dog in the family, an 86 pound brute who needs to be cared for. I should know fairly soon. Tommy
Oh, and my wife won't be moving around too well also. ;)

OG_Blues

Guitar Geezer
Looks like a neat place, but mapquest says that's a 10 hour 14 minute drive for me - might be a hard drive back that night.

Chuck

Moderator (One of the Men in Black!)
Staff member
Week nights are out for me. I travel every week and don't usually get come until Saturday morning, maybe late Friday afternoon or evening.

I wish this would have come up during the Holidays.

twbuff

The hurrier I go, the behinder I get!
Sounds like a blast, but just a little far from southern California! Have fun and provide pics, videos, and supporting documents!

arock

Help! I'm a rock
Four hour drive for me is definitely doable. Gotta work on scheduling a couple days off work. Shouldn't be a problem. Suspect there will be drinking involved so will need to find a hotel close by for the night!:Beer:

Joe_Abrams

Blues Junior
Mark - I was wondering if this was possible for you. Sounds like a great time. The only thing that would make it better is if Kevin was the host and MC.!

arock

Help! I'm a rock
Mark - I was wondering if this was possible for you. Sounds like a great time. The only thing that would make it better is if Kevin was the host and MC.!
Not only possible, but looks like it's a go! Totally agree about Kevin hosting!

tommytubetone

Great Lakes
It looks like my wife's knee surgery is April13th, so I'm in. BGU member Jeff LaPorte and his wife will be over for dinner on Saturday, so I'll lean on him a little bit. This is shaping up to be a good time! :whistle: