Lesson 5 backing track?

Tangled_up_in_Blue

Blues Newbie
Hi Guys
I am completely new here as just bought the BGU 2.0 course yesterday. I've seen a few posts where guys are posting recordings of themselves playing the lessons. So I thought I would record myself playing lesson 5 (although it's pretty shoddy at the moment I wanted to gauge my progress over the next few days!). Problem is there does not appear to be a backing track to record over? There is an MP3 version of Ex 5.1 (full/slow) but they both have Griff's guitar part. Am I missing something here? Guidance would be much appreciated. Thank you. Steve

ChrisGSP

Blues Journeyman
Yeah Steve, in the folder BGU2_All_Audio_Files scroll down almost to the bottom of the list and you'll find "Lesson 5 Jam Track.mp3"

I'm working on the same lesson at present, and maybe I'll post my recording when it's good enough for independent scrutiny (i.e. better than crap) - @Shodai posted his yesterday, so we've got a benchmark for comparison.

Oh, BTW, I re-recorded that jam track to "lose" the false start - you hear Griff count "1" and then a silence for a few seconds and he starts again. I just dumped it into Audacity and deleted the first bit. Now it's easier to count in.

Tangled_up_in_Blue

Blues Newbie
Yeah Steve, in the folder BGU2_All_Audio_Files scroll down almost to the bottom of the list and you'll find "Lesson 5 Jam Track.mp3"

I'm working on the same lesson at present, and maybe I'll post my recording when it's good enough for independent scrutiny (i.e. better than crap) - @Shodai posted his yesterday, so we've got a benchmark for comparison.

Oh, BTW, I re-recorded that jam track to "lose" the false start - you hear Griff count "1" and then a silence for a few seconds and he starts again. I just dumped it into Audacity and deleted the first bit. Now it's easier to count in.

ChrisGSP
You are a star! Thank you so much for your quick response and helping me out. Got it now so can get practicing!
Yes I listened to Shodai's recording. I thought it was great, and recording yourself is an excellent way to check if you are on track to move on.
Good luck with your learning and thanks again.
Steve