Lesson 4

JeffreyS

You are never to old to learn something new.
Had a brief hiatus from playing as we went through a few life events but I am back now and loving playing again. Really trying to work on my timing/rhythm as it does not come naturally to me at all. So I would appreciate constructive comments of all kinds but especially on timing. Used an Epiphone 339 Pro through my Mustang III emulating a A fender 65 Twin clean.

https://soundcloud.com/nursedad/bgu2-lesson-4-7-31-2016

Misty Mountain Hop

Blues Newbie
First let me say, excellent effort. If you are like me, you always play better before the record button is pushed. I would say remember to stay relaxed and breathe while you play. Counting out loud helps me with timing as well but I really think just relaxing while you play and enjoying the process will let you play looser and find your groove.

For the most part you hit the 1 beat very well. I know for me I really have to commit to the very first note of a song I play or I will miss the beat or flub the chord. It seemed like once you got past the first measure or two things started grooving for you.

Hope that helps.

johnc

systematic
Not too bad at all StratGuy, the chords sounded pretty solid. Timing wise you would probably hear yourself a fraction late a couple of times but that is always to be expected as it is all a steep learning curve getting everything together. The main thing is that you do record your lessons and put them here as it is an excellent way to share and monitor your work through these lessons. Thanks for the listen.

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Nice one Stratguy! Lot's of good stuff going on there! (chords, tone, etc.) I don't think you're timing is nearly as bad as YOU think it is! It's more like a familiarity (or lack of) playing the song. My bet is that as you play that more times, you will gain that comfort level and find it a breeze. As you move through the other lessons, you'll get plenty more practice!

david moon

Attempting the Blues
You got the feel of the rhythm. Near the end you fell behind the backing track just a tad. As another poster said, getting in on the 1 is key.

Some of the DAW programs such as Audacity let you slow down the backing track, if that helps