Lesson 30 On the porch

A

Alistair

Hi Guys, I started the BGU at the beginning of Dec12 and have worked through lessons 1 to 5 but thought I would have a go at playing on the porch. I have posted below lesson 30 which I found a bit of a challenge trying to get some attack into the song but not make mistakes (especially when recording). The record button is a bit of a menace for me and puts me under a lot of pressure where there is no accompaniment for my playing. Anyway for what it is worth here is my effort. Ally
PS hope it posts ok I have not done this in a while...

http://www.4shared.com/folder/fAzfK_SX/_online.html

Ivan

Blues Newbie
Nice job Ally. You nailed it right on. Good timing and I like the sound and ending......cool!
I responded to your post in Music and Guitar Learning. I suggested you only post the file you recorded for everyone to listen to. You may get more hits. Just a thought. Again......great job!

A

Alistair

Hi Ivan thanks very much for the feedback it is always nice to have a comment to spur you on a bit. Yes the 4 shared site shows all my recordings don't know why. The On the Porch recording is Song 0242 the last one on the list. Cheers Ally

Elio

Student Of The Blues
Hi Ivan thanks very much for the feedback it is always nice to have a comment to spur you on a bit. Yes the 4 shared site shows all my recordings don't know why. The On the Porch recording is Song 0242 the last one on the list. Cheers Ally

That sounds great!  To get the link for just the song you want, just click on the song to start it and then copy and past the URL out of the browser.  For this one, the URL would be http://www.4shared.com/mp3/vv6i8CqE/SONG0242_1.html

I installed the 4shared utility on my computer, which lets you easily upload by syncing to a folder and then gives you the the link copied to your clipboard.

D

diresteve

Hey Elio loved the sound of that.. I started in Aug '12 and that was one of the first ones I did as I got it through one of Griff's emails while waiting for the course.. Back then I only had accoustic and you inspired me to try it again on the electric.. great stuff especially if you crank up the amp a little ;) As for making mistakes I wouldn't worry too much as we are encouraged to move the riffs around, repeat them and even change the notes if we want.. it's a great one to experiment with.. thanks for the inspiration  [smiley=beer.gif]

D

diresteve

Ha ha sorry that should be to Ally.. I blame the night shifts  :-[

A

Alistair

Hi Elio,
Thanks for that advice and going to the trouble to re-post my solo, I am very grateful to you. i will make sure I follow your guidelines when I next post.
I have copied your link to my solo on this post so hope it works.
Cheers again Ally

http://www.4shared.com/mp3/vv6i8CqE/SONG0242_1.html

A

Alistair

Many thanks Diresteve much appreciated. don't work too hard. Ally

Marv

I play 'err' guitar.
Nice tone and a clear recording. Had a great feel to it!  [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif]