Lesson 29 Unplugged

Steve G

St. Simons Island, GA
I've always wanted to do this one on an acoustic when I got to it, so here it is.  I first recorded a shuffle rhythm & then played the melody over it on a separate track, both on my Epiphone Hummingbird.

Having recorded all of the solos & now this one, I guess I can say I'm a BGU graduate.  Lesson 30 & 31 are similar to recordings I did early on so I don't know that I'll record those.  I guess it's on to the bonus material & back to SWS.  Also, I eventually would like to re-record all of the BGU solos.

Thanks Griff for the first class instruction & thanks to you members for keeping me motivated & inspired.

Epiphone Hummingbird(both tracks), MXL 990 condenser mic at the soundhole & 991 at the neck, played through UX2/Podfarm using the clean channel(no podfarm effects, recorded to Ableton Livelite 8 .

http://www.4shared.com/audio/ZoVdr1rk/Lesson_29_Unplugged.html

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Nice one Steve. That hummingbird hums (groan) in your hands. You sure are right about that being a great lick for an acoustic.

johnc

systematic
Thanks Steve for the great recording, I love acoustic blues and would love to play it as nice as you did right there and congratulations for getting through to the level you have.
You have been one of the success stories here going through and letting us hear your work on a regular basis, I don't think that we or Griff could ask for more.
Anyway plenty to to so back to it man...

Steve G

St. Simons Island, GA
Thank you guys for the listen & kind remarks.  I love the sound that an acoustic makes not only for the blues but for other styles that I enjoy.  I imagine I'll  post some more acoustic recordings down the road.

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Hey Steve.  Just browsing through some of the later lessons, and clicked on your link.

That was beautiful man. Lovely tones and playing.

Can't wait till I get to that level of playing. (if I ever do) :)

Well done.

Thatman

Playin' for the fun of it.
Steve that was absolutley fantastic in fact I played it twice well done and a good post.  :cool:

Just goes to show how beautiful an acoustic is too.  [smiley=thumbup.gif]

P

pgilara

Steve,
      I was just going through the forum and ran across you lesson 29 unpluged and wanted to tell you it sounded great. I can't wait until I get to a point that I sound like that.

Thanks,
Paul

Spencer

Blues Newbie
Love hearing you play this!! Not sure how I missed it before. Great stuff Steve! Such a Clapton Unplugged feel you have going on.  :cool:

L

Lame_Pinkey

Very nice indeed Steve , I was thinking at 1st when I listened that you were playing the 'shuffle' pattern at same time (alternating thumb type thang  ;)) that was really great & I'm guessing you had a lot of pleasure in doing it too  [smiley=beer.gif]

LP   :cool:

(taken me some time to discover this one but it was worth the wait !)