Lesson 2

6string

Here's my take on lesson 2.  I really dug the different voicing of the IV and V chords used in this one vs lesson 1.  The quick change and the V chord on measure 12 was a challenge for me.  I really had to pay attention to where I was at in the song otherwise I would get lost.  I had to have a bit more focus on this one than lesson 1.  There are spots where it sounds like I was really in the pocket.  Other spots where it seemed like my timing was a bit off and that final A7 strum at the end was a bit slow.  All in all I'm pretty happy with it.  I think I'm ready for lesson 3.  I'd love to hear what everyone else thinks though.  Give it a listen and let me know.

http://www.4shared.com/file/116664027/16cdf73c/BGU_lesson_2.html

johnc

systematic
Great job 6string,   that sounded clean and solid.  Nice recording.

Those little timing things plague most of us but most of it was spot on so that is excellent and thanks for posting your work.

Looking forward to your next recording.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Nice job 6string. It sounds like you are really almost there with the chord fingerings. Move on to the next lesson, but remember to come back to this every few days. re-record your self in a week or so and I'll be those minor timing issues will be gone. Great job, keep it up.

6string

Thanks guys.  Mike- I think you have a good point.  That review is important.  I really give each lesson everything I have at the time when I record and feel its time to move on to the next one.  But as my playing improves with time, coming back to earlier lessons for "take 2" will hopefully yield a more polished recording.

Bluewater

Blues Newbie
More than just the more polished recording it is even more important to review the bits of music theory that Griff introduces. As you learm more, the theory discussions will have more and meaning as you knowledge builds.

Dave

TonyS

Blues Newbie
Well done 6string.  Sounded nice and clean and crisp.  Nice tone as well.  Don't worry about the small timing issues...they'll iron themselves out the more you play.  Well done.....keep on posting

Bluewater

Blues Newbie
6string - Nice work on Lesson #2. I know what you mean these "voicings" are in my opinion much more pleasing than those in Lesson #1. I dig these cords for sure.

Dave

SeattleSlim

Blues Newbie
You are doing well. With more time you will be more comfortable with the different chord shapes, and your fingers will just go where they need to go without conscious thought and you will naturally be in the beat. Goods sounds coming out of your guitar.

SeattleSlim

Blues Newbie
Here is my pre-flight check on Lesson 2.   http://www.4shared.com/file/117911641/7fa61c7e/Lesson_2.html

And more fun with Lesson 2.   http://www.4shared.com/file/117911736/af41752d/Lesson_2_-_solo_mix.html

Maybe other Newbies will post to the lesson headings when they have a handle on a lesson and are moving on to the next lesson.

Bluewater

Blues Newbie
Wally,

I can just imagine when you get that new amp you'll have those tones ringing across the town. Where's the Party? Nice on the lesson 2 and the improv solo too!
Dave

6string

Awesome job Wally!  Love the solo over the top of that rhythm.  Keep it up!!