Lesson 12 Jazzy Shuffle Blues

ChrisGSP

Blues Journeyman
I've been working on this one for some time, and finally this seems OK, worth posting

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uxz3y7grzjthzbl/Lesson 12 mixdown 30_01_2021.mp3?dl=0

Thanks to @PapaRaptor for the excellent "How-to" videos in the VJR, this is also my first recording using Studio 1 Prime.

Those with really keen ears will notice that the C9 chord in Bar 6 is not the one that Griff uses, but I simply could not play that chord voicing so I chose a different one. Back in the 1960's when I started listening to Barney Kessell, Joe Pass and Tal Farlow I never dreamed that I would be able to play a chord solo like this one, so a huge Thank You to Griff.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
I've been working on this one for some time, and finally this seems OK, worth posting

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uxz3y7grzjthzbl/Lesson 12 mixdown 30_01_2021.mp3?dl=0

Thanks to @PapaRaptor for the excellent "How-to" videos in the VJR, this is also my first recording using Studio 1 Prime.

Those with really keen ears will notice that the C9 chord in Bar 6 is not the one that Griff uses, but I simply could not play that chord voicing so I chose a different one. Back in the 1960's when I started listening to Barney Kessell, Joe Pass and Tal Farlow I never dreamed that I would be able to play a chord solo like this one, so a huge Thank You to Griff.

You've got the chord changes down, but now you need to put your big ears on and listen to the track while playing. You are just a bit off the beat.
Try working with Griff's play along a bit that might help.

ChrisGSP

Blues Journeyman
You've got the chord changes down, but now you need to put your big ears on and listen to the track while playing. You are just a bit off the beat.
Try working with Griff's play along a bit that might help.
Thanks for that Mike. I know what you mean - more listening and less hurrying needed. I'll keep coming back to this one, while moving on.