Lesson # 12 Jazzy Shuffle Blues

HotLks

Blues - it's in me and it's got to come out.
Your doing fine. That's a tough one to master. Stay with it!

I'm also struggling to get mastery of the theory behind the chord changes so I can call them up at will during an on the fly rhythm accompaniment. I'm treating this as a separate dimension to pick at gradually while practicing into the future. Probably in a deliberate, as needed basis.

See you down the road! :thumbup:

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Nice work, johnj! That's sounds like a really tough rhythm, with tough chord changes - you gotta appreciate Griff's evil streak! It sounds like you got all the basics down, now it's just practice, practice, practice! Good luck on your next lesson!

JohnJ

Blues Newbie
Thanks HotLks and jmin for taking the time to comment,they are much appreciated. With my limited experience and skill level I found this one to be the toughest to date.

This is a really difficult lesson for most, me included, and ususally takes lots of practice and repetition to get to the point you are. Well done !

david moon

Attempting the Blues
There were a few places where you fell behind the beat, but then caught up. So I think you get the feel, it's the execution.

It is tough getting those swing/shuffle "and"s with conviction.

I couldn't do this at full speed so I slowed down the backing track to 90% in Audacity. My recording and a link to that backing track are further down in this same topic