Lesson 11-5.. My first upload to BGU :)

Revolver

My fingers hurt
This is the first recording of myself that I'm sharing on BGU...so go easy on me guys and girls! :)

Since I've been taking lessons for a little while, I didn't worry about recording 1-10. Don't get me wrong.. there is definitely a lot of meat on those bones, but Lesson 11 seemed like a really solid spot to really dig in. Plus, I'm a huge SRV fan so I love the Texas shuffle.

I'm pretty sure I tend to rush when I play. It doesn't get off beat, but you can certainly tell I speed up at spots. I'm hoping to do more of these, and maybe even set up a loop of this track to solo over.

Enjoy!

https://soundcloud.com/user-578708857/bgu-lesson-11-5

Gear used:

-1962 Reissue Strat (left handed) 2001
-My smaller Orange Crush 20LDX amp
-MLX Condensor mic (I forget what model but its definitely on the cheaper side)
-"Lenny" Boost pedal from J Rockett Audio Designs
-Zendrive overdrive from Hermida Audio USA (original model)
-Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 interface with Pro Tools 11
-Waves API plug ins for EQ and Compression

Last edited:
Your timing sounds good to me, tone is nice, recording is clear - well done !
That's a nice looking guitar and tweed amp in your soundcloud picture.

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Nice job, Revolver! Your timing was good and the notes sounded right. The only suggestion i would have is to hit those "upbeats" ("ands") a little harder! Good work!

Tony Ludwig

Blues Junior
Revolver like you, I am a big SRV fan...lesson 10 and 11 especially 11-5 seem to be my favorite lessons...
Lesson 10-2; still working on setting up for Pride and Joy, 11-5 is definitely setting up for Cold Shot....
Your track sounds really good....Awesome Work - 6 months behind.....

twbuff

The hurrier I go, the behinder I get!
So, from the pictures you are left handed? Not too bad for a southpaw! Just kidding - very good sound. Keep up the good work.