left handed versions of all courses

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
So a right handed guitar is one where you pick with your right hand. Why isn't that a left handed guitar because you fret with your left hand? IOW, Why is the "handedness" of the guitar based on which hand is picking rather than which is fretting?

I also wonder if left handed guitarists learned to play left handed guitar simply because that's what they thought they should be playing because they were left handed.:confused:

I can imagine that giving a right handed child a left handed guitar to begin with, they would simply learn to play it left handed.

I don't think being dominantly right or left handed has that much to do with how you learn to play the guitar.

Maybe a topic for a Doctoral thesis?

Marv Murray

Blues Newbie
If 10% are lefties, I wonder how many of that group still play guitar right handed. Mark Knopfler, David Bowie, Billy Corgan, Elvis Costello, Duane Allman, Joe Perry, Steve Morse, and Gary Moore are all left handed, but play (or played) guitar right handed. Lesser known (unknown) guitar players, such as yours truly also fall into that category.
I’m a lefty. So r some greats. Paul McCartney, Hendrix