Kinda cool...

EJG

Central NJ
I was just notified that I am the 2020 Graduate of Distinction for Lifetime Achievement from my old school, SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry.

Nobody would have ever seen this coming back in 1976.

Since I recently retired this won’t do much for me professionally but my wife and kids think it’s cool.

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
Congrats!! That sounds like a really cool thing with which to be honored. If I get a lifetime achievement award of any sort, to hear most people talk, it'll be in general orneriness.

Reactions: EJG

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
Congratulations! :)

The word "Forestry" reminded me of an experience in High School. We were required to take a test, to determine what career we were best suited for. I was 15 at the time, and very interested in electronics. A typical question on the test was: "Would you rather take care of a sick child or repair an alarm clock"? I chose to repair the alarm clock, and the end result? It was determined that I should be a "Forest Ranger"! I missed my calling and went into electronics engineering and then software (to survive and support my family while getting my son and daughter through college).

I missed my calling. I should have taken care of sick trees. But alas, now that I am retired, I really do not care! ;)

Tom

Bernie Fitz

Blues Junior
I was just notified that I am the 2020 Graduate of Distinction for Lifetime Achievement from my old school, SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry.

Nobody would have ever seen this coming back in

Since I recently retired this won’t do much for me professionally but my wife and kids think it’s cool.

Nobody would have ever seen this coming back in 1976.

brent

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
Congratulations! :)

The word "Forestry" reminded me of an experience in High School. We were required to take a test, to determine what career we were best suited for. I was 15 at the time, and very interested in electronics. A typical question on the test was: "Would you rather take care of a sick child or repair an alarm clock"? I chose to repair the alarm clock, and the end result? It was determined that I should be a "Forest Ranger"! I missed my calling and went into electronics engineering and then software (to survive and support my family while getting my son and daughter through college).

I missed my calling. I should have taken care of sick trees. But alas, now that I am retired, I really do not care! ;)

Tom

That's funny. When I was in college the first time around (after I got out of the Navy), I took a similar test and also had Forestry as my "perfect career choice."