Killing the blues

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Well Sir,
Sounds like you had a little break up with your Zoom and you're very depressed over it..........you sound sooo sad:(.

Interesting for sure.

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
Not really---I had to try hard to sound that sad. But must admit I been putting to much of time in the ZOOM---you can't run a 50 amp piece of equipment through a 15 amp fuse, it will blow, and I ain't got no reset button. :)

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Very nice Dave. I would have liked to have heard a bit more guitar though, so hurry up and get that Zoom mastered.;)

That had a playing on the porch feel to it. I could hear the creak of the rocking chair, and the clank of the whiskey bottle topping up your glass.:)

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
Thanks Davy: but the Blues ain't about guitars it is about a feeling. I already tried to EQ and Effect it---but decided I liked the original better.
As for the whiskey; I ain't had a drink of that Devils Potion since 1980. I am allergic to it---I brake out in handcuffs:Beer:---what you heard was a HAZELNUT LATTE from Starbucks in a bottle.----:)

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
Thanks Elwood; I might try to smooth it out and add a guitar to it---but I hear more need for a sax and keyboard than I do a guitar. But it is in the ZOOM and now I can toy with it all I want--last week when I was working on one- I deleted 4 days of work by mistake-at least this time I will have a vocal track saved to work with if I end up doing the same thing again.

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
Stick to the latte's Dave.:)
I did that July 28th last year----I'm still buzzing---
By the way You-Tube "Killing the Blues"--You will find a lot of people have done this song----Even LED ZEPPLINS---ROBERT PLANT--his is not my favorite---I heard it on a John Prine Album back in the 70s that is when I started playing it....his version is the best (to me)--- I just followed suit with most of the other versions-- it might change your opinion of my version. Later.

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
I did that July 28th last year----I'm still buzzing---
By the way You-Tube "Killing the Blues"--You will find a lot of people have done this song----Even LED ZEPPLINS---ROBERT PLANT--his is not my favorite---I heard it on a John Prine Album back in the 70s that is when I started playing it....his version is the best (to me)--- I just followed suit with most of the other versions-- it might change your opinion of my version. Later.
Wow!!! There are some covers of that song!!:eek: I do like Prine's version, but I equally like Plant and Krauss's version. Their voices go so well together. The original is superb as well. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.(y)

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
John has 2 versions on there----the one off his "Pink Caddilac"--album that was recorded at the old "Sun Records" in Memphis by Sam Phillips is the one I heard---it's got the Saxs-Keyboards--lady back up singers- a full blown production. Plant and Krauss also have 2---the live one is not as good as the other one. Allison gets a little more attention on it. And she does have one of the most beautiful voices I have ever heard. I never get tired of listening to her. Later

Elwood

Blues
Alright I give up. The "Zoom" search pulls up a pedal gizmo and a portable recorder gizmo. With all the recording stuff it seems we all have in one form or another, why are you using what appears to be a portable recording device? My simple brain thinks a mic would be way easier unless you want to record in the wild or you are trying to capture a live event of some kind. Dumb question right from the source.:confused::rolleyes: