Just starting SARM

matonanjin

Chubby, old guy trying to play some blues.
Wow! No posts here since August?!

I am just starting the Strumming And Rhythm Mastery course. I had started BGU but I am working pentatonic scales in another course and some soloing type stuff with a private instructor. SARM is going to give me material I need with out duplication at this point. I will come back to BGU later. Wish me luck! ;)

I have to say watching the introduction that the video quality is horrible. But it is, I think, an older course. I'm sure that the content is great.

Annie

On my way
I started this course last summer and only got through the first few lessons. I was trying to do both BGU and this one and gave up. I REALLY want to get back at it. I need a fire lit under me before I will, probably. We may meet up here again I hope.

matonanjin

Annie, you started this and got through a few lessons and then quit. I started BGU and did a few lessons (6?) and quit. (I remember you posting in BGU). We will switch back at some point. We'll wave as we pass.

HotLks

Blues - it's in me and it's got to come out.
For all who need it. Me included.

upload_2017-1-7_20-0-3.png . . . . . . . . . upload_2017-1-7_20-0-59.png

See you down the road! :thumbup:

Attachments

• upload_2017-1-7_19-59-8.png
    upload_2017-1-7_19-59-8.png
    600.1 KB · Views: 2

Thatman

Playin' for the fun of it.
SARM is great I love the embellishments and the difficulty is going to be remembering them all but I reckon the thing to do is make a few favourites your own and just keep using them, at least you'll sound cool to non guitar players. :)

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
I think what I need is the determination to start one course and stay with it, but I find myself floating constantly between many!

Peter Wynne

Woke up fell outta bed drag a comb across my head
I started this course as well last week [after a year with BBG and 4 lessons of BGU) and am really enjoying it. I can't get enough of Griff counting out loud and teaching me how to sluff my way to quickly change chords. What a great teacher!

matonanjin

I really stalled out in lesson 4. I've been working 4-2 for weeks now, maybe months. due to health issues I was away from playing for a month or so). but I should finish 4 up in the next week or so. This course is not just teaching me strumming but also really helping my chords overall. The switching and getting them to ring out cleanly. It has shown me glaringly just how bad mine were. I'm really glad I started this.

matonanjin

I really stalled out in lesson 4. I've been working 4-2 for weeks now, maybe months. due to health issues I was away from playing for a month or so). but I should finish 4 up in the next week or so.
Finish up in the next week or so?!?!? I guess that didn't happen.:rolleyes: Just moved to 4-3. Maybe, just maybe I'll now actually finish in the next few days!

JestMe

Student Of The Blues
Yeah good luck finishing a course... Let me know what it feels like, cuz I ain't never done that! ;-)

matonanjin

Finish a course, Chris?!?! Don't hold your breath for me to report back. I am talking here about finishing one section of one lesson of one course!

At this rate I should finish SARM about 2022.:eek: I'll report back what it feels like then. ;):cool:

JestMe

Student Of The Blues
Finish a course, Chris?!?! Don't hold your breath for me to report back. I am talking here about finishing one section of one lesson of one course!

At this rate I should finish SARM about 2022.:eek: I'll report back what it feels like then. ;):cool:

Thanks for that update... I was starting to feel the pressure to finish a course!... whew that was a close call! ;-) Good luck... I hope you finish that section fairly soon! ;-)