Just got it!

Wildwood

Playin' Blues
Just received the Pentatonic course Friday. Watched the DVD, read the manual and started the lessons.

Honestly I wish I had ordered this course before I bought the other Griff courses I have (BGU, SWS and SBS). I think it would have made a huge difference in my playing before progressing to the next courses with the Pentatonic course under my belt.

I can do all of the warm ups albiet some more slowly than others. Even the killer finger stretch Lesson #3. I can see myself using this course as an ongoing warm-up/practice tool forever even as I move back to the other courses.

Thanks Griff!

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
I think that the reason that he doesn't promote it as a "first Course" is that many people want to "Start playing music" and might be put off by all the technique when they are just learning to play.
Then there are others like you that really want to go slow and get it right the first time. Different strokes for different folks.

L

LynnLaFrance

As you've found out Wildwood, it's a great course.  Like you, I've found it great as a warmup tool.

Shoopdude

Blues Newbie
I just got the course the other day and even though I have been a bass player for 30 years number 3 is a killer.....I can see this will be a while getting it together but really glad I got the course.
I do want to play tunes but I want to be proficient and do it well...OCD maybe???
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

JestMe

Student Of The Blues
I just ordered this as a Christmas present to me from my wife. It hasn't arrived yet... Yes, I did peek at the first several videos online! ;) It's gonna be a challenge but I think it will be a worthwhile challenge.

jmin

Student Of The Blues
I think Wildwood and MikeS make great points. You really have to get Pentatonics down cold, but if you only played the boxes or scales, you'd probably get bored without a musical context. I find myself stumbling around the "boxes" every time Griff teaches a new one. Like he said, if you think you know the boxes well enough, you don't. Play 'em again!

TerryH

Blues Newbie
It arrived in the post a couple of days ago. I am one lesson (well, one and a half lessons) away from the end of the rhythm part of BGU. With the solos looming up I thought it would be good to run this course in tandem with BGU to improve my skills. And what a shock it was - I found myself struggling right from the beginning. All the bad technique I had been fudging over through BGU was suddenly out there in the open. I definitely need this course. If anything I should have started it earlier.

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
It arrived in the post a couple of days ago. I am one lesson (well, one and a half lessons) away from the end of the rhythm part of BGU. With the solos looming up I thought it would be good to run this course in tandem with BGU to improve my skills. And what a shock it was - I found myself struggling right from the beginning. All the bad technique I had been fudging over through BGU was suddenly out there in the open. I definitely need this course. If anything I should have started it earlier.
I tell anyone who will listen that this course is a great course!! I think it's fundamental if you want to play any Blues or Rock solos........ :Beer:

When you go back to play the BGU after completing PSTM, you will be way way mo betta!! Take your time! ;)