June 2022 OC Blues Jam

Elio

Student Of The Blues
For those of you in Southern California, we have an OC Blues Jam scheduled for June 4 from 1:00 to 5:00. Since that is the same week as the NAMM show, which is only about 15 minutes away at the Anaheim Convention Center, several of us will also be at NAMM at various times on Friday through Sunday.

Important
I have not been able to reach anyone at Backline Studios, so we are changing venue for this jam to the Showcase Room at Bomb Shelter Rehearsal Studios. It was recommended by Laura Hamlin and just a few blocks away from Backline Studios, where we usually meet. Here is the address and phone number for Bomb Shelter:

Bomb Shelter Rehearsal Studio
7580 GARDEN GROVE BLVD
WESTMINSTER, CA 92683
https://bombshelterrehearsal.com/home
714-240-7345

If you think you can attend, please add your name to the list on the scheduling page at: https://www.needtomeet.com/meeting?id=gdu0fmekV
This will help me keep track of how many to expect.

Last edited:

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
wow...............I didnt get a personal invite ?

If I had feelings I would be offended

Who am I kidding, I am just happy you guys let me come

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
I just spoke to them..........................he said you know, we appreciate all the support and even though you guys were every few months, we appreciated the loyalty of coming back to us, but, the reality, we have to make more money than just scraping by, so, because of that they have officially shut down

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, anyone wanna buy a rehearsal studio ?

Elio

Student Of The Blues
I just spoke to them..........................he said you know, we appreciate all the support and even though you guys were every few months, we appreciated the loyalty of coming back to us, but, the reality, we have to make more money than just scraping by, so, because of that they have officially shut down

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, anyone wanna buy a rehearsal studio ?

Well, owning our own rehearsal studio would have some perks!

Wow, you actually got hold of him? I have been calling at various times hoping to catch them in the office but no one ever answers. I had a feeling that huge moving truck was probably there for more than just delivering rental gear to an event.

Bomb Shelter seemed to be very accommodating. After I booked it, the owner called me back to say that he split the time into two back-to-back sessions so that he could give me a discount on one of them.

I will be sending out the email with the personal, digitally-engraved invitation to you shortly :cool:

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
Well, owning our own rehearsal studio would have some perks!

Wow, you actually got hold of him? I have been calling at various times hoping to catch them in the office but no one ever answers. I had a feeling that huge moving truck was probably there for more than just delivering rental gear to an event.

Bomb Shelter seemed to be very accommodating. After I booked it, the owner called me back to say that he split the time into two back-to-back sessions so that he could give me a discount on one of them.

I will be sending out the email with the personal, digitally-engraved invitation to you shortly :cool:
did you find Rich's email so I could reach out to him ?

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
so, I am confused, is @Griff saying we should be on our good behavior, or simply getting the apology out ahead of time......lol