JTM45 & 11R

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
The presence is definitely too high at 10... I'd do the following:

First, turn off the EQ and lets see how far we can get with just the amp.

Start with your guitar volume and tone knobs at 10 - full open and up, and listen to the noise... roll back the presence until that sizzle subsides a little. Presence is tricky like that and you kind of have to adjust to taste. Use the lead pickup (the bridge) and just play a little and adjust until it's bright, but not ice picky. Right now, you've turned your LP into a Telecaster :)

It also seems like maybe there's a bit more gain in the 11R than my JTM. One of the reasons is that the JTM assumes you are jumping the channels in the 11R, if I remember correctly. So turn the Normal to 0, and then see how it sounds. You might have to fine tune somewhere between 8 and 9, or even a little above 9, to get it just right.

I'll see if I can try this today as well and see what happens.

Griff

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
Since we don't have a ton of fix-its today, I'll have my 11R set on the JTM45. I didn't do much and it pretty much nailed the tone. I'll show you what I changed on today's video.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Thanks.
Rolling Volume two to zero and presence down to around 1 or 2 seems to get me inthe right ball park. Now it's just minor tweaks frim here.
You da Man!