John's Ex 6-1

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Sounds great! Your timing seems to be very natural and well played. I'm sure that one Bm chord will work out for you with a little more repetition.
Nice work! (and thanks for sharing the cool video!)

artyman

Fareham UK
Sounding pretty fair to me, the other half of the duo I'm in, is a lefty , means I always stand on the left so we don't clash necks !

LeftyJohn

West Wiltshire/Exeter, UK
Thanks jmin, the Bm is easier and much cleaner on the electric, but I've been focusing on the acoustic a lot trying to get Exercise 5-4 down - which is challenging me! Plus it's much easier to just video the acoustic using my phone :)

Thanks artyman - there do seem to be a lot of us lefties around, shame more guitar companies don't cater for us a little better!

Peter Wynne

Woke up fell outta bed drag a comb across my head
Ive been practicing 4-1 for quite some time now. 6-1 sounds pretty good to me. Keep playing.

LeftyJohn

West Wiltshire/Exeter, UK
Thanks Peter. I really enjoyed 4-1 it was a fun piece to learn. That whole lesson 4, along with the likes of 6-1 and 7-3 are what really make this course for me. :)

Regards, John

WolfMule

Blues Newbie
LeftyJohn, that sounds really good. I just got into this lesson in about the last week. Your timing is good on it!

The Bm is kicking my butt at the moment. I am basically spent the last day of practice just doing the Justin Guitar 1 minute chord changes from D to Bm, Bm to G, Bm to E. I may have to do that for a few days to get this down well enough to actually play this piece....