John Prine tribute April 8th

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Got it on e-mail thanks Steve. Love it!!(y)(y) As you know, I think your voice is class, and really suits JP songs. Well done bro, I'm glad you went ahead with it.:)

sloslunas

NM Blues
Can you please put that link out to the forum?? apparently others are having the same problem???

Steve

PS. So glad that you liked that song....

dvs

Green Mountain Blues
Changing the www is not going to do it.

Steve, I think you need to go to dropbox, find the file, click "share" then "copy link" then paste that into your post.

Elwood

Blues
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Still goes into my dropbox!!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Did you try my link above?
Yipper, me too.

MM got it done (thanks!).

Glad that got sorted! Nice tune and great job Steve!!! Fits right in with "the moment" going on here. Thanks for sharing it with us!!!

I am amazed. Not one repeat (not that, that would be a bad thing) from anyone. I was sitting back, waiting for the date, and enjoying listening, always ready to take one off my list, never had to.

Doug said it so well....
I'm loving all of these! Many thanks to Dave/Blackcoffeeblues for kicking it off. BCB's and Moto's early-bird specials and Steve/Sloslunas's legacy recording, great stuff! So is Annie's awesome cover of that classic JP opus! Davy/Many Moons, also awesome (as always!).
and that includes you Steve!

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Doggone Steve, I know how you feel...(you'll get it in a minute)....but this was not supposed to be that kind of thing, where we all feel bad doing JP tunes. I thought it was just to have a little fun and give a humble tip of the proverbial hat to one that has gone before. C'mon in, the water is wet!. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Well, like Steve said, those are some fine renditions of some fine tunes! (y) I sure enjoy everything that everyone has posted!!! :Beer: Thanks again to Dave for sharing his fondness of JP with us and starting this thread (why aren't we in the OMR anyway?:confused:). What a great way to get lost for a few hours.

I recorded this yesterday, just as MM posted his. I started off with the one man, one guitar thing, didn't have the sense to change.

So, here are some ramblings. I did it the way I do it. Sitting around, start the motor running, let the mind wander, and see what comes out. I did have to look up some words from George though. I tried to run this through start to finish, but truth be told, after I had all the JP stuff in there I flubbed words at the start of the GJ bit and had to restart...I slid it together as best as I could. Like if we were sitting there having a beer, passing a guitar around and telling lies. If I got corny, screw it! I really like JP. Him and George, and a bunch of others are always hanging around when I grab a guitar, laughing at me as I burn down more, of what should have been practice time.

Anyway, I feel kinda like Steve. Like I showed up in sweats and sneakers for a business casual event. My recording success is still up and down, here it is on part of the low cycle. Hey, it's me.

Here's mine....If I played or sang better, I woulda.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lsntg1rrwf032mn/JP BGU Medley 22.mp3?dl=0
Perfect!
It's all about your own personality ............aint it?
We could all be robots and then nobody would listen.

Great job!
Recording was very good and your own interpretation made it great!

(y)(y)(y)

Elwood

Blues
Thank you @CaptainMoto ! Very kind of you!!!:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:
I hope that everyone that has posted on this thread feels as good about their part as you guys made me feel!!! :DEveryone stuck their neck out a bit for this, and did a great job! (y)Everyone!!!(y)(y)(y) What a fun idea (BCB)!!! And it really is fun to hear everyone with what came to their mind. @sloslunas thanks for hanging in there and getting that posted!!! Great to hear you! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: @Annie, your tune was very nice!!! (y)(y)(y)You play and sing well, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who would enjoy hearing more from you when you are ready to share. :Beer:

Still plenty of time, but I wonder if anyone else comes along??? :whistle: Hope BCB is happy with himself!!! :D:D:D