Jeff - Lesson 2 - example 6

Lefty Jeff

A little blues rosetta
I just wanted to try out my acoustic recording proces for now, using my Tascam Dr-07 MkII.  It took a while to get the recording level right, as I'm still learning this thing.

Anyway, here goes lesson 2 example 6. 

Is this an E blues?  What is the easiest way to tell?  I think it's the E blues scale, but there are some notes outside box 1 that don't really fit into box 2, unless I'm just being lame.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26199053/ABGU06_0016.wav

Comments and criticisms are ALWAYS welcome.  I know I mucked up a couple notes, but I just wanted to get something posted to see how my process goes.

Acoustically rock on!

Russ

Blues Newbie
Wow! That's one hell of a recording device. I could hear you breathing. Oh, and the guitar playing was pretty darn good  ;)

Alexander Blue

Surfers Rule !!!
             Good one Jeff    [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I'm going to begin this course (already have it) when I get home.

Lefty Jeff

A little blues rosetta
Thanks for all the comments!  I can't wait to dig into this course, but I've been working on the rhythm lessons for the past couple days.  Some of those crazy rhythm changes sure throw me for a loop. 

I have been trying to play scales up and down to the rhythm lessons, as a challenge to myself.  It's kinda tough, but great stuff for me!

Jon3b

Blues Newbie
I just wanted to try out my acoustic recording proces for now, using my Tascam Dr-07 MkII.  It took a while to get the recording level right, as I'm still learning this thing.

Anyway, here goes lesson 2 example 6. 

[glow=yellow,2,300]Is this an E blues?  What is the easiest way to tell?  I think it's the E blues scale, but there are some notes outside box 1 that don't really fit into box 2, unless I'm just being lame.[/glow]

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26199053/ABGU06_0016.wav

Comments and criticisms are ALWAYS welcome.  I know I mucked up a couple notes, but I just wanted to get something posted to see how my process goes.

Acoustically rock on!

It's not a solely minor scale. The G and G# come from the major perspective of box 3. Repeating the pattern for the IV and V chords treats them each as a I chord. I'm taking a guess on this. Correct me if I'm wrong. I'd say yes, it's a blues in E. Nice playing too.  [smiley=beer.gif]

Cynicure

Blues Newbie
Very nicely done Jeff! Just looked at this one for the first time this arvo... bugger of a riff, especially at the V change!

But I'll master it! Don't you worry about that!

[smiley=beer.gif]