Jazzy Bb

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
It's been quite a while since I posted anything in the VJR. The fingers have been slow and not listening to what I tell them to do. That all seems to be going away a bit, so I though I would drag out the old FauXplorer and see if I could make it through a couple of choruses of a 12 bar.
This is a 12 bar swing in Bb, quick change with a 1-6-2-5 turnaround at 138 beats per minute.
I'm in from the beginning through 1:30.
It's a little over 10 minutes, so feel free to stretch out on this one.

P.S. @JPsuff, this might be fun for you!

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
(admit it Lloyd, you've been practicing, right?)
Thanks!
I admit it. I have been practicing whenever I can muster the ambition. If I wasn't I probably couldn't get the fingers to do box 1.
Nice work, John. I really love the tone you have on this, kinda Pat Metheny-ish!

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Hey @JPsuff, if you kept the track, you might go back and check. It stops rather abruptly at 5 minutes even. If you're using Studio One you might need to move your end marker.

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
Hey @JPsuff, if you kept the track, you might go back and check. It stops rather abruptly at 5 minutes even. If you're using Studio One you might need to move your end marker.
I just noticed that also along with JP's volume being really low. I am in the process of attempting to add little to this track. I have extended it from your original and duplicated the original track to bump up the overall volume. I will post the file shortly...or whenever I get an acceptable take.

Here is the Frankenstein track put back together. It has been extended back out to the original length and the volume levels fixed as best I could:

PR - 0 - 1:30
JP - 1:31 - 3:57
TZ - 3:58-4:58

Jazzy Bb-PR-JP-TZ

Last edited:

JPsuff

Blackstar Artist
Damn!

See, this is what happens when you don't record on a regular basis.

Is it too late to change it?

JPsuff

Blackstar Artist
Never mind, I didn't save it.

I'm really sorry I screwed this up.
I have to go over your recording "how-to's" again and re-familiarize myself with the procedure.

I think a part of me is still in early Audacity mode.

And then of course there's being Polish...

Sheesh!

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Never mind, I didn't save it.

I'm really sorry I screwed this up.
I have to go over your recording "how-to's" again and re-familiarize myself with the procedure.

I think a part of me is still in early Audacity mode.

And then of course there's being Polish...

Sheesh!
No worries. Looks like TZ has it under control!

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
If I had to choose a style that is my favorite, this would have to be it. JP and TZ, you guys sound like this fits you all like a glove. Very tasty!

JPsuff

Blackstar Artist
If I had to choose a style that is my favorite, this would have to be it. JP and TZ, you guys sound like this fits you all like a glove. Very tasty!
Thank you sir.

Jazz has always been my first love.
What I HAVE been practicing is some really tasty Fusion stuff (backing tracks) and it's what I'd eventually like to write/record.

Maybe I'll post a couple in the VJR. I know it's not Blues but I think it would be fun and a nice challenge/change of pace.

Steve_Whant

Blues Junior
Thank you sir.

Jazz has always been my first love.
What I HAVE been practicing is some really tasty Fusion stuff (backing tracks) and it's what I'd eventually like to write/record.

Maybe I'll post a couple in the VJR. I know it's not Blues but I think it would be fun and a nice challenge/change of pace.
Yep, you have a really distinctive style as a result which sounds great to me JP

Elwood

Blues
I really enjoyed hearing this one grow. Everyone played such tasty stuff!!! Papa sure did not sound rusty at all. / JP, you have all those fine long runs , / TZ you clean up real nice, very cool, / Paleo, you just sound better and better / Steve, you sound right at home in the swing also!

I got a little new inspiration and decided to close it up. I tried to keep it in the mood.

Last edited: