Jan challenge video 4

Speedy

Blues Newbie
I don't see any other posts about this so it makes me think the trouble is on my end, but I can't figure it out. I get no sound on the Jan challenge video 4---all others work fine-----cannot get audio on vid 4---anybody else????-----------PS---also had this problem on vid 3 for 1 day, the next day it was fine--I just figured it was a problem on Griff's end--he seen it--fixed it---no problem---right? Waited a couple of days on vid 4 thinking the same thing happened on Griffs end and he would soon fix it-----no such luck this time---anybody????

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
I don't see any other posts about this so it makes me think the trouble is on my end, but I can't figure it out. I get no sound on the Jan challenge video 4---all others work fine-----cannot get audio on vid 4---anybody else????-----------PS---also had this problem on vid 3 for 1 day, the next day it was fine--I just figured it was a problem on Griff's end--he seen it--fixed it---no problem---right? Waited a couple of days on vid 4 thinking the same thing happened on Griffs end and he would soon fix it-----no such luck this time---anybody????
We had the same problem with the Week 3 video. It plays fine for streaming, but the download doesn't appear to work with some players. On my computer it won't work with the default Windows 10 video player, but it works fine with VLC Media player. I'll pass this message along to @Griff. Thanks for reporting.

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
Weird... again it doesn't fail for me, but I went ahead and re-encoded it and it's uploading now, just like I did before.

I'd say give it an hour or two and then download it again, it should have made it's way out to the cloud by then.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
What computing platform are you using?
I just downloaded all four of the available MP3 files on my Windows 10 computer and they play without issue on four different applications on my PC. As a sanity check I d/l'ed them on my Android phone and they play fine on it.
I do not have a Mac machine, so I can't help you there. but there are enough Mac users on here that someone can surely help if that's your platform.

AdrianGadd

Blues Newbie
I am also using Windows 10. Both files in standard tuning are over 180,000 KB and do not play in VLC or Windows Medea. Thanks for replying.