Jamkazam

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
I have a friend that has been working with his keyboard player using Jamkazam this week and he says he's not having latency problems. I'd be interested in testing it out with someone. @PapaRaptor ? Anyone...?
Message me. I think I'll get an email notification.

matonanjin

Chubby, old guy trying to play some blues.
I'm sure you'll report back. My Wednesday night jam buddies and I are thinking about this.

david moon

Attempting the Blues
I have a friend that has been working with his keyboard player using Jamkazam this week and he says he's not having latency problems. I'd be interested in testing it out with someone. @PapaRaptor ? Anyone...?
Message me. I think I'll get an email notification.
I would be available after tomorrow (work stuff). I dabbled with jamkazam back when it first came out. I was surprised that the latency issues were not that great. They also were trying to sell a hardware interface, don't know how that worked out.

Elio

Student Of The Blues
I'm happy to give it a try. So far my bandwidth has been holding up with all the web conferencing I've been doing.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
I am set up and have a session identified as a BGU session right now (9:15PM EDT).
I'll be on for at least another hour or until the beer runs out. If you want to set up and test or try and jam, I'm game.

david moon

Attempting the Blues
I am set up and have a session identified as a BGU session right now (9:15PM EDT).
I'll be on for at least another hour or until the beer runs out. If you want to set up and test or try and jam, I'm game.
well i downloaded the app and I still have an account there. I had to reset my password. I don't see your session, maybe you ran out of beer?

Also I don't see where to set up my audio interface- laptop internal speajers and mic or external USB IF

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
The session is marked as a BGU session.
As far as setup, it's pretty sketchy. I had to rearrange my USB connections in order to get things working.
I'm playing backing tracks and just noodling, so hop on if you can get things set up. I'll probably be here until 10:45 to 11PM EDT.

david moon

Attempting the Blues
The session is marked as a BGU session.
As far as setup, it's pretty sketchy. I had to rearrange my USB connections in order to get things working.
I'm playing backing tracks and just noodling, so hop on if you can get things set up. I'll probably be here until 10:45 to 11PM EDT.
I'm scrolling through the "find a session" window and don't see anything.

david moon

Attempting the Blues
I'm giving up for tonight

The interface design is still horrible with orange and pale blue on blue text

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Just closed out. I had 3 visitors and the audio was pretty decent. They said they found me in the Sessions list.
I have it set up so I can use a chat mic, play guitar and also provide a backing track from a WAV file. I'll need to convert a few tracks from MP3 to WAV file.
For future reference any session I start will mention BGU prominently in the Jam title and the account is in my name, Lloyd Hanson (in case anyone interested doesn't know my name).
I may try this again Thursday, April 2 immediately after the BGU Challenge webinar, around 7 PM Eastern time. If I do, I'll post again in this thread.

dvs

Green Mountain Blues
Decided to give it a shot over Wi-Fi (still not motivated to run an ethernet cable all the way upstairs!). I got it up and running and passed their audio test, so I tested it in a solo session and everything worked ok. But I didn't find your session, Lloyd - might've missed it, but from the time stamps of your messages ("..marked as a BGU Session" to "Just closed out") it should've been there when I was. Hmm. I was just scrolling through the listed sessions, maybe there's another place to look, or maybe I didn't go far enough. David I saw that you were on but didn't know how to do anything about that. Going to call it a night, I will try again another time.

david moon

Attempting the Blues
dvs- if you saw that I was "on" that's encouraging . I got this app to work back in the day and joined several sessions