Jam Track Requests

TerryNyman

Blues Newbie
As you've undoubtedly figured out, a lot of the jam tracks I create are very much in the style of common jam tunes...

Some are very standard blues, of course, but it is often the case that I try to copy the style and feel of a popular recording.

It's been a while since I've done any new jam tracks, and I'm itching... so this is your chance to put in your requests for a particular style or song that you'd like to jam with.

Similarly, if you want something that is standard, but just something I haven't made, list that too. For example, let's say you want a jam track that has a quick change and ii-V for bars 9 and 10... but you can't find it.

Or maybe there's one that you need, but the ones I have are in the wrong key... tell me the right key and maybe I can recreate that in the key you need.

Oh, and it doesn't have to be blues, I'm down for classic rock type stuff too.

Got it? Good!

TerryNyman

Blues Newbie
It might be useful to many of us to have a mini-course consisting of a number of single chord vamps in a shuffle style like you mentioned in "Blues Soloing -- Mixing Sounds Over 1 Chord." I don't have a looper, and if I did, my strumming is not very consistent.

BradBrewer

Blues Newbie
As you've undoubtedly figured out, a lot of the jam tracks I create are very much in the style of common jam tunes...

Some are very standard blues, of course, but it is often the case that I try to copy the style and feel of a popular recording.

It's been a while since I've done any new jam tracks, and I'm itching... so this is your chance to put in your requests for a particular style or song that you'd like to jam with.

Similarly, if you want something that is standard, but just something I haven't made, list that too. For example, let's say you want a jam track that has a quick change and ii-V for bars 9 and 10... but you can't find it.

Or maybe there's one that you need, but the ones I have are in the wrong key... tell me the right key and maybe I can recreate that in the key you need.

Got it? Good!

How about Alvin Lee’s Woodstock version of I Going Home

BradBrewer

Blues Newbie
I will try this again…..
How about Alvin Lee’s “I’m Going Home” from Woodstock. It’s quite a work out, but very fun.

Dan D.

Blues Newbie

Got it? Good!

And the answer is......8 Bar Blues Backing Tracks!! In every possible config...AWESOME!! 11/30/2021

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
And the answer is......8 Bar Blues Backing Tracks!! In every possible config...AWESOME!! 11/30/2021
I asked Grff to do this, along with several others. Griff knocked it out of the park! Every type of 8-bar blues, every feel, in every common key. 8-bar jam tracks are very difficult to find generally speaking. Griff is only asking $29.00 and I would pay several times that for what he delivers in this package! THANK YOU GRIFF!.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Midnight Rider or Wagon Wheel (Old Crow Medicine Show's version)

In case you are in a hurry,...
Your songs may or may not make the cut, so if you NEED them quickly, and you don't mind playing $3 each, try karaokeversion.com I've bought hundreds of tracks from them and they are usually great.

Chris L. Babcock

Blues Newbie
That's a pretty big ocean to swim in... got anything specific you can point me to?

I'm so sorry Griff some how how I missed your question and ran across it the other day...so what I was thinking was in country maybe something like Tulsa time...Don Williams does a great country version and then there was Claptons version...on the jazz side I was thinking like Wes Montgomery or somebody I have been listening to a lot lately is Guy King...

Dennis_F

Life is a riddle.....never was good at riddles
Anything from the Archies, or 1910 Fruit Gum company....

Steve

I want to add to Steve's list - anything from the Monkees - what a great band - so talented! Mike Nesbitt is my personal hero....and just to make things worse - how about some Neal Young (he needs the money now that he is off Spotify)?

Miles

Blues Newbie
...I don't think Neil Young needs the money that much - he sold half his back catalogue for $150 million!

Not to take away from his genius though. Been a huge fan of Neil's for many years. Justin has a few guitar lessons on justinguitar.com - well worth looking at. Justin is also a massive Neil Young fan.