Jack - fixit for April

Jack

Blues Junior
I just got started on this so it's pretty awful. I have all sorts of problems with fret buzz on those barre chords so I clamp my hand down really hard, and after 5 minutes my thumb is killing me. On my right hand, the fingernail on my ring finger is long enough to hit the strings, but everything I play with my index or middle fingers is just a dull thud. I put new strings on that guitar a few days ago and it's still going out of tune every 10 minutes, and I forgot to re-tune before recording so I just put auto-tune on it, if you're wondering why the final chord has a wavering sound to it lol.

Sigh...I should take up cooking as a hobby instead I think.

Elio

Student Of The Blues
That sounded pretty good to me! The fret buzz is not that bad at all and the playing sounded really nice. The one suggestion I would normally have for the barre chords is something you are already doing, which is raising up the neck, but you may need to relax your grip, which is a little hard to do on an acoustic.

Don't give up guitar! At least we can hear what you produce. Unlike cooking, which we can't taste unless you invite us all over. :cool:

TexBill

Blues in Texas
@Jack you can take up knitting and baking as long as you invite Elio and myself. We would also insist on listening to you play a few tunes on guitar, electric or acoustic, your choice. :giggle:

(y)(y) on playing.

Jack

Blues Junior
Thanks guys, appreciate it! I was playing this on my steel string acoustic, with a much narrower fretboard and of course it has a radius to it, and that was much, MUCH easier. But on the album it really sounds like a classical guitar, so I've been banging my head against the wall with this thing lol.

Ah well, we'll see how my Beijing chicken turns out for lunch today :giggle:

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
With Barre Chords, try to keep the first joint of the thumb under the center of the neck. It takes a bit of getting used to! Good job! :cool::love: It really helps to have a good teacher show you the proper technique.

Tom